- No friends yet
Kaushik replied to the topic Re: Joomdle WebServices "Source IP Not Allowed: ::1" in the forum.Hi Chris,
Thanks for your response. As mentioned, the problem has already been solved and I have shared the solution above so that other people can try it in case they come across a similar situation. I would request a moderator to change the status of this issue to solved. Also I would like to offer my help to update the documentation for installing Joomdle in Joomla 2.5, I have taken quite a lot of screen shots (just to compare the changes) during my installation process, and I believe we can put them to some good use as I have noticed the installation documentation is not yet updated for Joomla 2.5.
Please do let me know if I could of any help in this regard
Kaushik replied to the topic Re: Joomdle WebServices "Source IP Not Allowed: ::1" in the forum.Ok ... finally after banging my head against the wall for almost 10hrs, I solved the problem myself, I would like to share the resolution here, so that people can try it in case someone comes across this issue. Also I would like to mention I am using WAMP on Windows Vista Home Premium. Here's what worked for me :-
1) Opened the windows hosts file "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts". (You need to have admin access on your system to do this)
2) Removed the line ": ::1 localhost" that lies between "127.0.0.1 localhost" and "127.0.0.1 localhost".
3) Saved the "hosts" file and restarted the WAMP server again.
Went back to the "system check" screen and got the much awaited green check mark under status in front of "Joomdle Web services"
Check the screenshot below :-
I am a Newbie so kindly point me the right direction if this problem has already been addressed/answered on any previous posts.
Here are my configuration details :-
Moodle Version :- Moodle 2.2.2+ (Build: 20120419)
Joomla Version :- 2.5.4
Joomdle Version :- R0.7
Now I have followed all the instructions and documentation to the T, but when I go the "System Check" in the Joomdle plugin there's a red cross mark displayed under "status" against "Joomdle Web Services" and under error is says "Source IP Not Allowed: ::1" please see image.
Have also added 127.0.0.1/32 in XML RPC hosts in Moodle.
I also searched the joomdle forums and tried following this article :- [Solved] Source IP not allowed in Joomdle Web Services
When I compared the image uploaded by this user with my "system check" screen in Joomla, I also noticed that there's no information displayed about following 2 items on my "system check" screen : -
1) Joomla web services" and
2) Joomdle XMLRPC plugin enabled
Also I couldn't find any plugin called "Joomdle XMLRPC" in my plugin options. I am aware that the article I am referring to above is related to the "R05" release of Joomdle which is no longer supported, but I would like to know the following :-
1) Am I missing something ?
2) Is the :Joomdle XMLRPC plugin" component no longer required with the newer versions of Joomla and Joomdle ?
3) If the answer to the above question is yes then where else cloud I specify the IP address (apart from "General Config: Moodle URL", I have already entered "localhost/moodle" here) for my moodle installation so that this error is not displayed anymore.
Any help in this regard is much appriciated.