× Feature Requests

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

Community Builder - TABS for Badges and Exam Results

7 years 7 months ago 7 years 7 months ago by Web Buster UK Ltd.
Web Buster UK Ltd
More
Topic Author
Community Builder - TABS for Badges and Exam Results #1
Hi

Integration with CB is really good, is there any chance you can make the plugins that:-
puts the badges in a TAB
puts the exam/test results in a TAB
as well. They seem to be one of the few things missing.

Then everything can be viewed in CB profiles. Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Community Builder - TABS for Badges and Exam Results #2
Thanks for the suggestion. We will look into it soon.

7 years 5 months ago
Web Buster UK Ltd
More
Topic Author
Community Builder - TABS for Badges and Exam Results #3
Any news on the Badges and Exam results tab for CB, please?

7 years 5 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Community Builder - TABS for Badges and Exam Results #4
Sorry, we have not done any work on this yet.

7 years 5 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Community Builder - TABS for Badges and Exam Results #5
Hi again.

I uploaded a new plugin to show badges in a tab as you requested:
www.joomdle.com/download/category/24-com...ty-builder-my-badges k

Please test and let us know how it works for you.

The other one you requested for the quizzes is much more difficult, as it would need new web services to be created. I will ask you for more info when I have more time, although it will not be soon.

7 years 5 months ago
Web Buster UK Ltd
More
Topic Author
Community Builder - TABS for Badges and Exam Results #6
Thank you so much, that badges work a treat, they are perfect. My goal is to try use the power of your software fully by not having hardly any Moodle Blocks at all. Now you have created a Badges TAB, I can remove that block from Moodle, this cleans up the interface. There are still some more tabs needed, ie the results etc but eventually I want joomla to be the interface and moodle to be the testing component so it looks seamless. Joomla will be the controlling interface and Moodle will be the testing system that appears to be part of joomla with no blocks that A) take up room and B) make it look a busy.

7 years 4 months ago
Web Buster UK Ltd
More
Topic Author
Community Builder - TABS for Badges and Exam Results #7
Hi

Thank you for the update to 1.08. It's great, the upgrade went smoothly. We are still trying to get everything to work through CB so that we can disable every BLOCK in moodle and use it only for the testing system. So far it makes moodle look a lot better as it now has a clean interface. Three of the items missing from CB that we are currently short of is.

1. The grade book, or exam results as I called it last time. I know you said this is a little tricky and would take time, that's fine.
2. The moodle calendar in a tab so they can see events that are happening.
3. The private files accessible via a tab.

Also, we have different categories with different courses and that was causing a problem with hika shop, we have found a work around on the web to trick hika shop and joomdle to see both but it does make hika shop look messy and it was a pain to set up but it does work well, may just a thought for a future version, but no panic as the workaround does work.

Finally, I have one question which you may not know the answer to but it's worth a shot. In moodle they have private files upload and in CB they have gallery that lets you upload Videos, Documents, Music and Sound files, which we use. I know how CB works and the benefits of their system, but not sure the benefits of moodle's file system. I am not sure I want the students uploading to two different places but if we should be uploading to moodle then a tab would be needed with the private files in from moodle. The CB files are not private by default they are to share resources so it maybe we run with both and have a prate tab controlled by moodle and an open area run by CB. What do you think?

I hope do you don't think I am being pushy, we do a lot of work evaluating software for companies and giving feedback to make software more user friendly to the client so I tend to get carried away and passionate about software, like yours, that I like.

7 years 4 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Community Builder - TABS for Badges and Exam Results #8
Hi.

No problem, I will just tell you if something is out of the scope of Joomdle or our current roadmap.

1) Right now, we don't have plans to put this in a CB tab. If you really need it and want to sponsor its development, we can think about it.

2) Same as above: we already have a module for this, and only you asked for this, so it's not something we will do soon unless develop

3) We don't even have this funcionality in Joomdle. It has not been requested until now, so it is not in our plans either.

As for Hikashop: I don't understand your problem or workaround. Please explain more so I can try to give you a proper solution.

As for your question about private files: I have never used this feature, so I don't really know how it works. It seems like Moodle private files are totally different from CB files, so I don't see a way to integrate both.

7 years 4 months ago
Web Buster UK Ltd
More
Topic Author
Community Builder - TABS for Badges and Exam Results #9
Hi I hope I have not offended you, I am really sorry if I have.

Please don't worry about the error, we searched google and found a workaround that works.

How much is it to commission a CB tab?

7 years 4 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Community Builder - TABS for Badges and Exam Results #10
No offense at all, sorry if it seemed like that. English is my second language so I may sound harsh at times :)

Cost for a CB tab would depend mostly on the content shown: badges was easy, because we already had web services for them, as we had a module.
So, in your case: grade book could be the cheapest, if you want to show the same shown in some Joomdle view, then calendar (because of possible Javascript issue having it inside the tab), and the most expensive would be the private files one, as we don't have any funcionality built for that.
Please write to development at joomdle.com if you want to discuss it further.