How To / General
  • Page:

TOPIC: can not login through moodle mobile app

can not login through moodle mobile app 6 months 3 days ago #1

• saman
  • تماس با من : samansamani2[at]yahoo.com
hi.
i use moodle mobile application.
the moodle mobile work correct in the before i change some setting. now my user can not login and i see in live log of moodle :
Login failed for user 'xxxxx'. Most likely the password did not match (error ID '3').
user with username xxxxx can login some days ago without problem but in now he can not.
what seeting is wrong or what setting must set for user can login via app.
also other TIP: when i try to login in the moodle mobile, that user show online in joomla
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

can not login through moodle mobile app 6 months 3 days ago #2

• Antonio Durán
I cannot tell you what setting you changed to make it not to work, sorry. You need to think about what changes you did and try to revert them.
You can also set up a new test installation and see if you get it working there. Then maybe you can compare...

can not login through moodle mobile app 6 months 3 days ago #3

• saman
thank you and i have other basic question
1-if we create user in joomla , then can we login with moodle login form with that user and password?
2-why password column is empty for some users in moodle database?
Last Edit: 6 months 3 days ago by saman.

can not login through moodle mobile app 6 months 3 days ago #4

• Antonio Durán
1-if we create user in joomla , then can we login with moodle login form with that user and password?
Yes
Sorry, I forgot to reply you in an older post. I checked it and saw that users created from Joomla were not filling password in Moodle. It is filled on update, I think, so some users have it. Also, on older Joomdle versions, it was also synced.
Anyway, I have worked on it and next release will include a fix, so new users get the password set.

can not login through moodle mobile app 6 months 3 days ago #5

• saman
Antonio Durán wrote:
Yes
are you sure about that? i repeat: login from moodle with user and password that define in joomla.is it possible?
Antonio Durán wrote:
Anyway, I have worked on it and next release will include a fix, so new users get the password set.
can you say when probably that update release?
Last Edit: 6 months 3 days ago by saman.

can not login through moodle mobile app 6 months 2 days ago #6

• Antonio Durán
are you sure about that? i repeat: login from moodle with user and password that define in joomla.is it possible?
Yes

I don't know when we will release new package, sorry.

can not login through moodle mobile app 2 months 2 weeks ago #7

• saman
Antonio Durán wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to reply you in an older post. I checked it and saw that users created from Joomla were not filling password in Moodle. It is filled on update, I think, so some users have it. Also, on older Joomdle versions, it was also synced.
hi
1-if it is possible, please say me how to solve that if you don't want to release new version until now...because i use moodle mobile and have problem with empty password...
2-and if you can say me how to resolve empty password column for users that was created in the past? can i copy password that was hash from joomla user table to moodle? i see some difference between that two user table in hash protocol. how can i solve empty password problem for these user that was created ?
thank you
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by saman.

can not login through moodle mobile app 2 months 2 weeks ago #8

• Antonio Durán
I cannot tell you how to change code, as it involves several files... I will try to release a new version as soon as possible.

You should be able to just copy password from Joomla to Moodle, although for Joomdle users that won't do anything as Moodle password is never used.

can not login through moodle mobile app 2 months 2 weeks ago #9

• saman
Antonio Durán wrote:
You should be able to just copy password from Joomla to Moodle, although for Joomdle users that won't do anything as Moodle password is never used.
when i copy simply password from joomla user table to moodle user table, it is not work, means when i use that user and password to login directly in moodle,returned error and can not login

can not login through moodle mobile app 2 months 2 weeks ago #10

• Antonio Durán
If user is a Joomdle user, password in Moodle is never checked. Authentication is done against Joomla via web services.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Antonio Durán.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saman
  • Page:
Cron Job Starts