Welcome, Guest
Joomdle 1.0 Installation

TOPIC: URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update

URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update 2 months 2 days ago #1

• Phoenix
Hello,

Recently, I updated my Joomla and its extensions (including Community Builder) to the latest version. Ever since, I noticed the website was starting to have issues. In particular issues with the Joomla website timing out (503 error) frequently when logging in front-end, using the "forgot password" function of CB, and trying to make changes to a CB profile back-end.

At first I thought it had something to do with the server running out of memory, but just now I discovered the cause: as soon as I disable Joomdle on Joomla, the CB functions are working fine again.

How can this issue be solved, so that Joomdle can work again without causing issues to the Joomla website?
I have already tried downloading and installing the latest version of Joomdle but that made no difference.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update 2 months 2 days ago #2

• Antonio Durán
Hi.

First thing you need is look at Joomdle's system check, to confirm that everything there is green.

URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update 2 months 2 days ago #3

• Phoenix
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. In the meantime, I had checked if a newer version of Joomdle was available. Apparently there was a newer version (at least according to the date of the available download, as the version number is still the same) so I installed that. After that, everything immediately started working normally again. Everything in Joomdle's system check is also green now.

It just was a long search until I figured out it was Joomdle that was causing the timeout issues etc. as the server error logs were not pointing at anything in particular and debugging a page isn't exactly easy when the page doesn't load at all because of a timeout lol.

URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update 2 months 2 days ago #4

• Antonio Durán
Good to know that you got it working.

I am not sure about the downloads: no idea how you can have same versions with 2 dates, as we have only released one package for each version....
Anyway, I am glad it is working now. Please let us know if you find any issues.

URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update 1 month 2 weeks ago #5

• Phoenix
Hello,

I have again a problem with Joomdle. Today, my server provider updated some server software, and suddenly Joomdle is no longer working.

The Joomdle system check gives these results:

XMLRPC PHP Extension : OK
Joomdlehooks User Plugin enabled : OK
cURL Enabled : OK
Joomla to Moodle HTTP connectivity : Joomla cannot connect to Moodle
Moodle to Joomla HTTP connectivity : Moodle cannot connect to Joomla
Joomdle Web Services : Received empty response from Moodle

I have no idea what to do, because nothing was changed to Joomla or Moodle itself.

When I log in to Joomla and then go to Moodle, I am simply not logged in there. I am also unable to login to Moodle manually (except with an account that is not also linked to Joomla).

URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update 1 month 2 weeks ago #6

• Phoenix
Update:

The problem is resolved and the system check shows green for all again. Turns out that the update sites for other extensions/plugins weren't accessible either by my Joomla website. I contacted the server provider about this, and at the same time I tried switching to another PHP version (and back again). I don't know if what I did resolved the issue, or something perhaps the server provider did at the same time that fixed it. But auto-logon is working fine now and the errors are gone.

URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update 1 month 2 weeks ago #7

• Antonio Durán
Great to know that you got it working again... even if we don't know why it stopped working. At least it seems it was not related to Joomdle itself.