Welcome, Guest
Joomdle 1.0 Installation

TOPIC: URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update

URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update 1 week 19 hours ago #1

• Phoenix
Hello,

Recently, I updated my Joomla and its extensions (including Community Builder) to the latest version. Ever since, I noticed the website was starting to have issues. In particular issues with the Joomla website timing out (503 error) frequently when logging in front-end, using the "forgot password" function of CB, and trying to make changes to a CB profile back-end.

At first I thought it had something to do with the server running out of memory, but just now I discovered the cause: as soon as I disable Joomdle on Joomla, the CB functions are working fine again.

How can this issue be solved, so that Joomdle can work again without causing issues to the Joomla website?
I have already tried downloading and installing the latest version of Joomdle but that made no difference.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update 1 week 9 hours ago #2

• Antonio Durán
Hi.

First thing you need is look at Joomdle's system check, to confirm that everything there is green.

URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update 1 week 7 hours ago #3

• Phoenix
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. In the meantime, I had checked if a newer version of Joomdle was available. Apparently there was a newer version (at least according to the date of the available download, as the version number is still the same) so I installed that. After that, everything immediately started working normally again. Everything in Joomdle's system check is also green now.

It just was a long search until I figured out it was Joomdle that was causing the timeout issues etc. as the server error logs were not pointing at anything in particular and debugging a page isn't exactly easy when the page doesn't load at all because of a timeout lol.

URGENT: Joomdle breaks Joomla after latest update 1 week 7 hours ago #4

• Antonio Durán
Good to know that you got it working.

I am not sure about the downloads: no idea how you can have same versions with 2 dates, as we have only released one package for each version....
Anyway, I am glad it is working now. Please let us know if you find any issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix