Welcome, Guest
Joomdle 1.0 Installation

TOPIC: Issue where Joomdle does not always create a Moodle account

Issue where Joomdle does not always create a Moodle account 1 week 4 days ago #1

• Eric vanBok
I am having an odd intermittent issue.

What happens is a new user registers for a user account and completes a purchase of a course through HikaShop. Then it turns out that they are not enrolled in the course(s) they purchased.

In looking into this issue it is always caused by Joomdle not creating the corresponding account in Moodle. Since there isn't an account in Moodle, they can't be enrolled in the course. I can fix this manually by opening the user account in Joomla and saving it, which creates the user account in Moodle. I then can enroll them in the course within Moodle.

The huge issue is that this problem is intermittent and I can't replicate it. Or at least I haven't figured out how to replicate it yet. Out of 4 different users that created accounts and purchased courses, only one of them had this issue. I manage 4 different education portals set up with Joomla/Joomdle/Moodle and this poor soul purchased courses on 2 of them and had the same issue on both websites. I can't figure out why her account had issues when other accounts did not.

Has anyone ever seen behavior like this? Does anyone have any idea where to look to further debug this?

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Joomla 3.9.1
Joomdle 1.2.1
Moodle 3.3.1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Issue where Joomdle does not always create a Moodle account 1 week 3 days ago #2

• Antonio Durán
Hi.

I've never received similar reports, so I am lost too....what I would do is test with this user data, to see if it has something special. If you can share it for testing purposes by email, I could check if I see something.

Issue where Joomdle does not always create a Moodle account 6 days 14 hours ago #3

• Eric vanBok
I am still looking into this issue, however, I think it is a bit different than I initially thought.

I just had a user over the weekend complaining that they could not access a course they purchased. I looked into it and found their purchase which was successful, however, they were not enrolled in the course. This time it was not a new account. This account was old. It was created 2 years ago, but they never purchased a course. Last Friday they logged in and purchased a course. However, they were not enrolled in the course.

Not sure at all what is going on here. I am going to look over all of the recent purchases on all of the websites I manage and see if I can figure out what is happening.

Have anyone out there ever seen this behavior before? I haven't and this is new for these websites.

Issue where Joomdle does not always create a Moodle account 5 days 20 hours ago #4

• Antonio Durán
If they are not enroled you should check this:
www.joomdle.com/wiki/Category:FAQ#I_don...._purchasing_a_course