Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error 5 years 6 months ago #11

• Fernando Acedo
Does the moodle environment shows all green?

Also the Joomdle health is all green?

The problem comes from moodle not Joomdle. If some parameter is wrong or the server, mainly, has a wrong setup then you get this error.

But is really difficult to find the origin of the error.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragos Dumitrescu

Internal Server Error 5 years 6 months ago #12

• Dragos Dumitrescu
Joomdle is green, but Moodle not: the Intl extension is not installed.
Could that be it?

The hosting company said they will install it only if really necessary.

Internal Server Error 5 years 6 months ago #13

• Fernando Acedo
Intl extension is needed for non-english languages. It could be a problem but i don't think is your problem.

Anyway I would install it.

Internal Server Error 5 years 6 months ago #14

• Chris
While I cannot say for sure if your specific configuration will be sufficient due to traffic, load, etc. there is no technical reason why you cannot run Joomdle in it. Even in a shared hosting environment as long as the required libraries such as XML-RPC is installed and enabled.

Some thoughts / Questions / Ideas

Installing in a subdomain will also work, of course adds complications, but can work.

What do you mean by Moodle is not green? Which specific green tick is not green? What is the specific error message generated?

One of the problems I have found with hosting companies is that they do not necessarily set up the entire Moodle package by default. They tend to use their own scripts or of those provided by Fantastico, Cpanel, or whoever. Many times these scripts install cut down / smaller versions of the standard package. For example, Godaddy's Moodle install package used to install without XML-RPC - today, I am not sure if they still do not. So, my initial recommendation to those testing and/or setting up from fresh is to install manually ie not using the webapps, fantastico, etc.

Most errors (like maybe 70-85%) are related to connectivity. Networking, IP address, firewall, XML-RPC, etc. To narrow that down, requires the exact error message you are seeing in the health check and/or displayed when you click something. Earlier you had indicated that all install OK and was working well but now I understand that not all items in the health check are green. Thus the first step is to get them all green before you even bother to attempt to enroll or anything else.

Internal Server Error 5 years 6 months ago #15

• Dragos Dumitrescu
Sorry for not being to specific.
So, Joomdle system check is ok.
Moodle server checks: all ok except intl extension has "Check" status (it is not installed)
Joomla is installed on a subdomain, and Moodle is accessed by adding '/campus' to subdomain.
The system works: import courses from Moodle to Virtuemart, even enroll in free courses.
When I try to set the Joomdle enroll method for a course, it gives me Internal Server Error

I have Joomla 2.5.8, Joomdle 0.9 and Moodle 2.4, all installed from downloaded archives, not from cPanel.

I'm waiting for the intl extension to be installed by the hosting company.

Internal Server Error 5 years 6 months ago #16

• Fernando Acedo
Does moodle works well as stand alone ?

try to reduce the problem because Error 500 is the most difficult to fix and needs a heavy troubleshooting and tests till find the problem.

Verify also the permissions in the auth and enrol folders and in the Joomdle files.

Internal Server Error 5 years 6 months ago #17

• Dragos Dumitrescu
Done. The permission of the joomdle folder from enrol folder was the problem. I've changed it to 755 and it works now. I can set joomdle enroll to courses.
Now I have to figure out why doesn't auto enroll after confirm order in VM :(

Thank you for helping me solve this error.
  • Page:
Cron Job Starts