TOPIC: [Closed] SOS! Joomla URL seems to be misconfigured

[Closed] SOS! Joomla URL seems to be misconfigured 6 years 1 month ago #1

• redtiger
Hello!
My system has the following
joomla 1.5.25
Moodle 1.9.16+
Joomdle 0.7

Everything ran well until a week ago i found that users who have purchased course can`t access course any longer.

Joodle system check shows the following:
Joomdle Web Services: Joomla URL seems to be misconfigured in Joomdle auth plugin in Moodle

I search the forum and have tried everything but failed.
i have set the url with http:// and Connection method for cURL(both joomla and Moodle).

everything seems right.
but when i access the following address
http://mysite/xmlrpc/index.php
it shows:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<methodResponse> -<fault> -<value> -<struct>-<member><name>faultCode</name> -<value><int>103</int></value> </member> -<member> <name>faultString</name> -<value><string>XML error: no element found at line 1, column 0</string></value> </member> </struct> </value> </fault> </methodResponse>

what is the reason?

from system check it shows that xmlrpc is well..

really don`t know what to do.
Please help me!!
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Chris.
The topic has been locked.

SOS! Joomla URL seems to be misconfigured in Joomdle auth pl 6 years 1 month ago #2

• Chris
Since everything was working well up to last week, the first place to start is to look at what was changed in your environment. Did you upgrade any software, network, hardware? What any configuration changes done to either Joomla or Moodle? Somewhere something must have been changed thus that is the first place to start looking.

SOS! Joomla URL seems to be misconfigured in Joomdle auth pl 6 years 1 month ago #3

• redtiger
I didn`t change any setting.

i use virtuemart for cart and have set data source and shop intergration with virtuemart.

When user complete a purchase by Paypal and return to Joomla site, course link shows under my joomdle courses
but access the link then screen is blank at all.

I look up in database and found that user`s firstname,lastname and email is null in mdl_user table,

after I add the firstname,lastname and email then user can access moodle course.

i have created mapping between joomla field(Component:virtuemart) and Moodle field.
firstname(Joomla)→firstname(Moodle)
lastname(Joomla)→lastname(Moodle)
user_email(Joomla)→ email(Moodle)

So i think user info(firstname,lastname and user_email) in joomla is not sync with moodle by joomdle.

I couldn`t find out what is wrong. please help me.

Also I found the following strange:

if a user account exists in both joomla and moodle,
click [Sync moodle Profiles], firstname,lastname and email is cleared to null in moodle!

if a user account exists in joomla but not in moodle,
Click [Add users to Moodle], only username is added to moodle, firstname,lastname and email can`t be imported into mdl_user(is null).
Also other user info such as address,zip,city can`t be imported else.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by redtiger.

SOS! Joomla URL seems to be misconfigured in Joomdle auth pl 6 years 1 month ago #4

• redtiger
No answer?
I also have another issue confuse me for a long time.

When a new user sign up in joomla and the user account is created in both Joomla and Moodle
but in moodle there is only username created, joomla user name(firtname,last name) and mail are all blank.
it cause no user name shown up in moodle user list. i have to add user name and mail manually each time to let user access the course.

here is my system setting:
joomla 1.5.25 Moodle 1.9.16+ Virtuemart1.1.9 Joomdle R0.7
1) Joomdle plugins(Joomdlesession,Joomdlehooks, Xmlrpc Joomdle) are enabled
2) Use Profiles Types: None
3) Auto create Moodle users: Yes
4) Auto login users at registration: Yes
5) System check: all green mark except Joomdle Web Services.
even Joomdle Web Services was ok in the past, user name(firtname,last name) and mail still can`t be created automatically in moodle

SOS! Joomla URL seems to be misconfigured in Joomdle auth pl 6 years 1 month ago #5

• Chris
Two basic issues that I see
1) Joomdle Web Services in not a green check but a red X. If this is not working, you should not expect user details, etc. to be transferred. ie The red x tells you there is a problem and before you can proceed to fix that.
2) Why it was working and it is not now. Something must be different in your environment. This doesn't mean that you changed a configuration but something must be different otherwise it wouldn't suddenly stop working.

What are the domains/folders and values entered in both joomdle and moodle? The URL seems to be misconfigured message is reasonable accurate. There are occasions where they may not be true but it is certainly the first place to start looking.

SOS! Joomla URL seems to be misconfigured in Joomdle auth pl 6 years 1 month ago #6

• redtiger
Hi!Chris:

Here is my setting:

Joomdle Config
Moodle URL:http://www.mysite.com/course
Moodle version: Moodle1.9x
Connection method:cURL
Use redirectless SSO:Ok
Auto create Moodle users:Ok
Auto delete Moodle users:Ok
Auto login users at registration:Ok
Additional data source:Virtuemart
Use Profiles Types:none
Shop Integration:Virtuemart
Courses category:1

Plugin:
Xmlrpc - Joomdle:valid
System - Joomdlesession:valid
user - Joomdlehooks:valid

in Moodle
Joomla URL:http://www.mysite.com
Joomla version:Joomla 1.5x
Connection method:cURL
Sync users to Joomla:Yes
Auto Sell courses:Yes
Auto mailing lists:Yes
Others items are set to No

Auto add remote user:Yes

Course:
Joomdle(yes default)
Moodle networking(yes)
Paypal(yes)

Networking:On
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by redtiger.

SOS! Joomla URL seems to be misconfigured in Joomdle auth pl 6 years 1 month ago #7

• Chris
The first thing I would try is to include the http:// as per the installation instructions

www.joomdle.com/wiki/Installing_Joomdle_in_Moodle

and per the FAQ

www.joomdle.com/wiki/System_health_check...uth_plugin_in_Moodle

After that has been done, if there are still problems than we can look at something else.

SOS! Joomla URL seems to be misconfigured in Joomdle auth pl 6 years 1 month ago #8

• redtiger
though i don`t know the reason, finally i restart the apache,
see what happened? the red mark disappear and Joomdle Web Services is ok now!

Thank you for your support!
Cron Job Starts