Welcome, Guest
Social Extensions Integration

TOPIC: cbplug_int_cbsubsjoomdle version

cbplug_int_cbsubsjoomdle version 9 months 13 hours ago #1

• cybersalt
The current download of cbplug_int_cbsubsjoomdle_v2.0.0.zip when installed in the CB plugin manager lists it as 4.0.0-rc.1.

Also, when creating a plan in CB this message appears in red: The CBSubs integration plugin 'CBSubs Joomdle' is for another CBSubs version 4.0.0-rc.1.

I just want to double check that I have the most current version. I'm trying to set up CB so I can manually assign multiple subscriptions to cb profiles and it's not working as I expect it would, but it might be my own issue with learning CB so I want to rule out the version plugin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

cbplug_int_cbsubsjoomdle version 9 months 1 hour ago #2

• Antonio Durán
Hi.

It's been a while since I worked with this plugin. If you want you can send me (antonio at joomdle) the CBSubs package you are using, and I will test it out locally to see if it is working as expected.

cbplug_int_cbsubsjoomdle version 8 months 4 weeks ago #3

• Antonio Durán
Hi.

Thanks for sending the package. I have tested subscription in "normal" way and everything is working fine, so you can ignore the version error.
"Normal" way is: go to plans page as a user, select plan, subscribe.
But you say:
> I'm trying to set up CB so I can manually assign multiple subscriptions to cb profiles and it's not working as I expect it would
I don't know what you mean, but you can try to explain to see if I can set up something similar locally and test.

cbplug_int_cbsubsjoomdle version 8 months 4 weeks ago #4

• cybersalt
I wanted an easier way to manually add new users and add them to courses in the backend through their CB user profile. We are using j2store as the front end shopping cart for selling courses, but CB is entirely hidden from the front end so no users will ever know admins are using CB.

What I had done was set up a subscription for each course. Admins could add a subscription to a user, but what was happening (or at least what I thought was happening) was when I added a user to a course, they were unenrolled from other courses they were already in. But in troubleshooting that I found some anomalies and learned more about CB plan settings.

What is working for me now is to have a merchandise plan set up for each course and then admins can select whatever course they want to add a user to and save their profile. This does not remove them from other course plans they are already in. One key setting to make sure students are not removed form courses they are already in is the "exclusive" setting - makes sure each course plan is set to *not* be exclusive.

I hope I have explained that well. If it is still fuzzy I can make a video showing the set-up at work.

Tim

cbplug_int_cbsubsjoomdle version 8 months 4 weeks ago #5

• Antonio Durán
I am glad it is working now. I understand your setup, and it seems to be a good way to get enrolments done from Joomla backend. Thanks for the tip on the exclusive flag.
Cron Job Starts