12 years 4 months ago
Julio
More
Topic Author
Resizing issue when moodle menus are opened #1
Hi all,

I'm facing the same problem another user described in this post:

www.joomdle.com/es/foro/joomdle-for-joom...pper-display-problem k

Basically, the auto-height option works fine but when the moodle menus on the left-hand side are opened the moodle page gets longer, the wrapper doesn't detect this change and the bottom part of the page goes out of the wrapper.

What I've found out so far is that those menus are displayed or collapsed using only css (when a menu item is clicked, its class is modified and a css rule displays or hides it), but the Moodle page is not reloaded. This makes it impossible for the i-frame to detect this change in its content, so there is nothing that triggers the resizing code. Am I right?

I'm far from being an expert on this, so I was wondering if any of you could point a way to solve it. All I can think of is modify the moodle code to reload the content when a menu is opened/closed, passing in some way the menu clicked and its current status. Any idea/comment about this? Am I missing any important point?

This is actually a key problem for me now, as administrators can't fully manage the moodle site from joomla.

Thanks,

Julio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Resizing issue when moodle menus are opened #2
Hi Julio.

We currenlty have no solution for this.
As you, we are not experts on this area, so we don't even know if this is possible to do in an "proper" way.

I don't think modifying Moodle core code is the way to go, or if it could work...

As for your problems with admins, as a temp fix at least you can direct them to use Moodle in its own window, instead of using the wrapper.

Antonio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.