× How To / General

How can I make teachers be creators of their courses?

2 months 2 weeks ago
Uassija
More
Topic Author
How can I make teachers be creators of their courses? #1
Hi!
As far as I know, a teacher in Moodle can only ask the administrator to create a course for him. How can I make every new teacher-users of Joomla! create courses in Moodle them self? i.e. how can I make teacher-users of Joomla! have Course Creator or Manager rights in Moodle? And will it work with shop and networking extensions?
2 months 2 weeks ago
Antonio Durán
More
How can I make teachers be creators of their courses? #2
Hi,

As you say, that is something you need to configure in Moodle.
docs.moodle.org/38/en/Course_creator_role k

> how can I make teacher-users of Joomla

How do you register your teachers? What makes it different from registering a student so you can only give creator role to teachers?

> And will it work with shop and networking extensions?

No sure what you mean here, sorry. Shop can only be manage by admin, so teachers cannot sell courses on their own.
1 week 6 days ago
Uassija
More
Topic Author
How can I make teachers be creators of their courses? #3
Thank you for the answer!
My plan is to let people decide whether in the step of signing up on my Joomla! site or later, if they want to be teachers (to sell their own lessons and courses) by checking a checkbox and filling out some additional fields. Not much difference, but at first I thought that Joomla!+Joomdle can create like that two Moodle groups: teachers and students. Now I see (please, correct me, if I've misunderstood it) that Joomdle only maps Joomla! groups with Moodle groups. So I'll give all registered users the rights for creating courses in moodle not to give these rights to every new user manually.
> Shop can only be manage by admin, so teachers cannot sell courses on their own.
What I meant is kinda multi vendor marketplace. Would, for example, Joomdle+JoomSocial+a multivendor add-on, such as those listed below, work together?
www.jomsocial.com/addons/e-commerce/quick2cart k
www.jomsocial.com/addons/e-commerce/vmvendor-suite k
Or could you please recommend me a better decision for building an educational multi vendor marketplace with Moodle?
1 week 5 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
How can I make teachers be creators of their courses? #4
Hi.

No multi-vendor solution exists for Joomdle right now.

Joomdle integrates with many shop components, but I have never heard of the ones you linked to.
So, if something could be done, I would first check this:
www.hikashop.com/hikamarket-multi-vendor.html k

I don't know how much work it could take to integrate, as I have never used it, nor given much thought about such an integration.
Maybe integration would need just a view in Joomdle, to let teachers create course products like admin can do in Joomdle->shop. Then I guess the shop software would take it from there, and teacher would do his stuff in Moodle...
Cron Job Starts