× Joomdle 1.0 Installation

Enrolled students not begin given "student" role

2 weeks 4 days ago
cybersalt
More
Topic Author
Enrolled students not begin given "student" role #1
Hi Antonio,

I've got a situation where student's purchasing a course in j2store are being enrolled in the course in Moodle, but not being assigned the "student" role. No settings have been changed that I can remember except for version upgrades and there have been a few but I don't know which one (if any) this started happening around.

The enrolment method (manual) has "student" as the role to be assigned and, as I said, they are enrolled after purchasing.

Does this ring any bells as to what might be happening?

Tim
2 weeks 4 days ago
cybersalt
More
Topic Author
Enrolled students not begin given "student" role #2
One thing I have noticed while looking at this install is that in the Joomdle System Check in Joomla it says:

Joomdle version is different in Joomla and Moodle

However, the Moodle plugin overview shows no available update (enrol is 1.0.6 and auth is 1.2.3) and there are no extension updates for Joomdle in Joomla (screengrab attached).
Attachments:
2 weeks 4 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Enrolled students not begin given "student" role #3
Hi Tim.

Mismatch in versions can be the cause of the issue.
Which version are you running in Joomla? If it is >= 1.2.5, it will have the issue, I think. We changed the way enrolments are made in that version, to use Moodle default student role instead of the hardcoded one.
If you did not update in Moodle side, you will have problems.
You don't see any updates in Moodle because I guess your Moodle version does not support newer Joomdle versions.
2 weeks 4 days ago
cybersalt
More
Topic Author
Enrolled students not begin given "student" role #4
The site is now in 3.8.2 but the issue was there before I updated from 3.6.2 (I updated hoping that would fix things.)
2 weeks 4 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Enrolled students not begin given "student" role #5
So, now you should see 1.2.6 Joomdle update available. Just upgrade Joomdle and you should be ok. If you don't see it, just download and install manually in Moodle.
2 weeks 3 days ago
cybersalt
More
Topic Author
Enrolled students not begin given "student" role #6
Thanks very much!

It didn't show to update Joomdle but installing it manually in to Moodle worked as you suggested.

One more things off my list!
2 weeks 3 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Enrolled students not begin given "student" role #7
Great, thanks for the feedback.
Cron Job Starts