× R0.23 No Longer Supported

Enroll Joomla User in Moodle Course

13 years 11 months ago
Creative Unity
More
Topic Author
Enroll Joomla User in Moodle Course #1
Hello,

I would like to find out if anyone has been able to get Joomdle to enroll Joomla users in a Moodle course?

I need to do this for the site I'm working on.

Thanks! (I'm using Joomdle 0.23).
The topic has been locked.
13 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Enroll Joomla User in Moodle Course #2
Hi. What do you exactly need?

If auto create users is on, useras are created in Moodle when created in Joomla.
Then, to enrol into a course, they can click on the course links in the module, and they are transfered to moodle and asked if they want to enrol as usual.
13 years 11 months ago
Creative Unity
More
Topic Author
Enroll Joomla User in Moodle Course #3
That sounds good, but what I was looking for is more along these lines:

When someone goes to the Joomla site, and registers as a user, I would like to have Joomla also enroll that user in a course in Moodle automatically (so the user wouldn't have to do it themselves).

Hope that helps :)
13 years 11 months ago
Chris
More
Enroll Joomla User in Moodle Course #4
How would Joomla know which course to enroll them in as part of the registration process? Personally, I feel, it would not be wise to enroll every Joomla user automatically into every Moodle course. That said, I can see the benefit of having a / some specific courses being automatically enrolled.
13 years 11 months ago
Creative Unity
More
Topic Author
Enroll Joomla User in Moodle Course #5
I would have it so that there is a list of the courses in Joomla. Each course would have a description page for it, that would be linked to by the list of courses. The actual courses themselves would be in Moodle. On each course description page, there would be a button that the user could click that would add them to the appropriate course in Moodle.

The reason I mentioned registration, was that if the user was a guest without a user account, they would be able to register for a user account in Joomla just before being added to the Moodle course they selected.

I got the rest of the stuff working, the only thing left is getting the user to be enrolled in the Moodle course automatically.
13 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Enroll Joomla User in Moodle Course #6
The feature you describe is already present in upcoming release.

The option to register just before enrolling is not. I had not thought of that, but I will take a look at how it can be done and report back when I know more.
13 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Enroll Joomla User in Moodle Course #7
Ok. That one was easy, and I think it makes sense. What do you two think?

- As it was before, Enrol button was only shown to registered users
- With sdagenais suggestion, it shows the button to guests, and redirects them to the login page (where they can register) if the push the button
13 years 11 months ago
Creative Unity
More
Topic Author
Enroll Joomla User in Moodle Course #8
Thanks for adding the feature. It definitely is a good idea. :)

However, there is still the issue of enrolling the user in a course from inside Joomla. I was thinking I could do this using the XML-RPC extension in Moodle (since Joomdle makes use of this), but is there a way to do this from within the Joomdle component in Joomla? I don't mind writing some code in order to make this work, but I would need to be pointed in the right direction.
13 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Enroll Joomla User in Moodle Course #9
I don't understand.

(in upcoming release) There is already a button in joomla course details page that when clicked, enrols the user directly into the moodle course, and takes him to it. I thought that is was you were asking for.
13 years 10 months ago 13 years 10 months ago by Creative Unity.
Creative Unity
More
Topic Author
Enroll Joomla User in Moodle Course #10
Sorry to be gone so long, but I had forgotten about this thread!

I think I figured it out now - I found the options you're talking about after looking through the admin area again. I apologize for the confusion.

I will be now waiting for the next release of Joomdle :).