[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #11
Thanks, I'll have a look further!
The topic has been locked.
13 years 9 months ago
Kyle
More
Topic Author
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #12
Guys, cannot download the patch file as mentioned in www.joomdle.com/wiki/Other_payment_methods k. Could someone please provide/attach this and please tell me where to place this file.

I believe it needs to be placed in the 'administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes' folder. Is this correct?

Looking forward to any feedback.

K
13 years 9 months ago 13 years 9 months ago by Howard.
Howard
More
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #13
The URL is correct except that you have a . at the end of the URL

Otherwise goto wiki and look for 3rd party integration

To use it, you must patch a clean installation of Virtuemart 1.1.4 with the attached patch.

sourceforge.net/projects/moodle-joomla/f...t.php.patch/download k
13 years 9 months ago
Kyle
More
Topic Author
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #14
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. The Wiki URL works fine, I have the issue with the download link. i.e cannot get hold of that file. Could you perhaps send it to me if you have it already?

As per getting it to function correctly, would this mean removing the Virtuemart component and installing it again with placing the patch file in the correct folder? Or am I thinking this process is to easy right now..

Thanks for the help.
13 years 9 months ago
Howard
More
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #15
Sorry not sure what to do with it either. I guess that the info suggests a fresh install then that is what has to be done. :<)

When directed to the download page have you clicked on the "direct link" link it works for me.

"Problems with the download? Please use this direct link or try another mirror"
13 years 9 months ago
Kyle
More
Topic Author
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #16
Tried another mirror in Switzeland before it worked. lol.

Anyways, thanks for the help!
13 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #17
Hi.

When it says a fresh install it talks about a not already patched VM (like with AEC or something).

If your VM installation is has no patches, you can apply the patch as the wiki says.
13 years 9 months ago
Kyle
More
Topic Author
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #18
Hi Antonio, I have re-installed the VM component, to test this properly.
I have asked my ISP to run the command specified in the Wiki article, in the directory they specify. I also copied the file exactly as is into that same directory.

"administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes"

This process has not fixed/changed anything. The code run on the server generates errors. My ISP provided me with the following after running the command: patch -p0 -i ps_checkout.php.patch

patching file ps_checkout.php
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1136.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1183.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file ps_checkout.php.rej

Once again, I only need a link/URL that will change the users enrol status from 'NO' to 'YES' for one course. I have not been able to test with Paypal correctly, as I do not have an account created yet.

This patch is suppose to edit/bypass the download process for all payments??

Any help with be appreciated!
13 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #19
Can't see the errors (they are in the file ps_checkout.php.rej ).

Anyway, here you have a copy of a patched ps_checkout.php file. Replace the old one and test.

File Attachment:

File Name: ps_checkout.txt
File Size:86 KB
Attachments:
13 years 9 months ago
Kyle
More
Topic Author
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #20
Hi Antonio,

OK, firstly..thank you so so much for the file. It does indeed send a client the link for them to enrol into the course. That works beautifully!

-- PROBLEM --

When the client chooses a payment method, i.e PayPal, it skips the payment screen(inserting credit card etc) and goes straight to sending the client the course enrol link.

-- SOLUTION --

Typically, I have your ps_checkout.php file that you just provided, which enrols the user as I want it to do, but skips payment

Then my ps_checkout.php file allows the user to pay, and give VM confirmation. But only sends a download link as discussed before, as appose to your file that enrols them.

THUS, i need to join these two functionalities to have the perfect scenario!!
I am not the strongest in PHP code, else I would've taken the syntax from the one file and amend it to the other so the client can pay, get confirmation, and be sent the link upon successful payment.

If you can help me here..I will be in your debt!

Thanking you in advance!