Locked in Moodle, Cannot update profile.

8 years 7 months ago
Arasp
More
Topic Author
Locked in Moodle, Cannot update profile. #1
Hi Guys,

I just noticed, I am locked in Moodle. When I log into moodle, It goes to profile page for updating it.
It asks for Description field, (there are some writing in description, but I also add more texts in it) when I click to update profile. I just refresh the same page and with having description part showing red color.

Somehow I am locked in moodle.

The rest sounds to be working good.
8 years 6 months ago
Arasp
More
Topic Author
Locked in Moodle, Cannot update profile. #2
any solution?
8 years 6 months ago
Chris
More
Locked in Moodle, Cannot update profile. #3
Sorry don't mean to be rude but I hope you understand that it is a weekend and this is a community forum.

I recall this was working previously for you.
  1. What has changed in your joomla, joomdle, moodle?
  2. Previously you were syncronising with CB, are you still doing this?
  3. Is the behaviour you are experiencing for newly created users or existing users that could log in properly previously?
  4. Are you using English characters or Persuasion characters (sorry if I remember incorrectly which character set you are using)?
8 years 6 months ago
Arasp
More
Topic Author
Locked in Moodle, Cannot update profile. #4
Hi

I do understand it, but in Iran Saturday is the first day of our week and Thursday and Friday are considered weekend, that is why it makes me forget the issue.

Do you remember it was not working for me on previous version so I downgraded to two-previous versions. But then I upgraded to moodle 2 and I came to your website and I noticed you have published 0.4 version, so I upgraded and now everything works just fine except the issue I mentioned.

1- Nothing changed in joomla, Jomsocial upgraded to 2.0.4, joomdle upgraded to current version, moodle upgraded to moodle 2.

2- No that was not me. I never used CB for this. From the first day I was using Jomsocial.

3- I tested with existing users, but I also check it with new created users too. (I will update this)

4- They were Persian (Farsi) characters, but now I am just using English characters.

By the way, when moodle integrates with Jomsocial, we have only surname in moodle. The name field is empty and there is no space to enter the name. Maybe I should create a firstname field in jomsocial and with the help of data mapping I solve this problem, but I am not sure.
Description field is not required in jomsocial and moodle but and it get the information directly from jomsocial, but it just goes to edit profile page in moodle and shows that description is required. (Although there are some data on it) I add more data and save the page, there is no chance, it just refreshes the page and does not let me go further.

Thanks,
8 years 6 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Locked in Moodle, Cannot update profile. #5
Description is a mandatory field in moodle.

As you say, you should create a firstname field if you have a lastname one.

I don't understand you when you say "The name field is empty and there is no space to enter the name".
If name is empty, profile won't save. I guess that is your real problem.
8 years 6 months ago
Arasp
More
Topic Author
Locked in Moodle, Cannot update profile. #6
Please view the attached picture:

as you see, there is no name and there is no space to enter the name. Maybe that is the reason I cannot save the profile.
Attachments:
8 years 6 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Locked in Moodle, Cannot update profile. #7
you must have configured joomdle to lock the name field. Change it to allow editing.
8 years 6 months ago
Arasp
More
Topic Author
Locked in Moodle, Cannot update profile. #8
Joomdle or moodle? I could not find something like that in Joomdle.
8 years 6 months ago
Chris
More
Locked in Moodle, Cannot update profile. #9
This is set in Moodle. You can further details in this documentation here ...
www.joomdle.com/wiki/Installing_Joomdle_in_Moodle k
8 years 6 months ago
Arasp
More
Topic Author
Locked in Moodle, Cannot update profile. #10
Yes, I got it, but it appears that even using data mapping correctly for the first time they will go to edit profile. is that right?
Cron Job Starts