Paid membership

8 years 6 months ago
Chuck
More
Topic Author
Paid membership #1
I want to offer a 30 day subscription and I seen where Joomdle will work with to pay plug-ins but it did not seem that they are set up for membership type sites. Am i missing something and if not can I use another Joomla plugin for that.
8 years 6 months ago
Chris
More
Paid membership #2
What information / components are you trying to control using your paid membership? What extension are you using for memberships (eg. AEC)?

Currently, Joomdle does not integrate with any of the paid membership control systems. However, depending on what you are doing it may not be necessary as there are extensions that manage paid memberships which integrate with Jomscial, CB, VM, etc. These integrate with Joomdle.

If you can provide a little more information about what you are trying to achieve, I might be able to given you some recommendations.

Chris
8 years 6 months ago
Chuck
More
Topic Author
Paid membership #3
I will be offering a exam prep course on Moodle and want to sell 30 day subscriptions that renew every 30 days and if customer ops out or does not renew they are restricted from course.

I am not using any membership system right now. I was wanting to have visitors to my Joomla site to check out the site and what we provide then they can register for a 30 day subscription. Virtual mart seems to be for selling merchandise only from what I can tell.
8 years 6 months ago
Chris
More
Paid membership #4
Yes VM is for selling merchandise but it can sell subscriptions too. There are a number of solutions in the JED for this. However, these do not integrate with Moodle or Joomdle at this time but it is possible that some customization could be done to integrate them. Joomdle could then control the expiry date of the Moodle course.

You will need to consider whether you are just stopping access to the Moodle course only or also remove access from Joomla. I doubt you would want to stop access to Joomla.
8 years 6 months ago
Chuck
More
Topic Author
Paid membership #5

chris wrote: Yes VM is for selling merchandise but it can sell subscriptions too. There are a number of solutions in the JED for this. However, these do not integrate with Moodle or Joomdle at this time but it is possible that some customization could be done to integrate them. Joomdle could then control the expiry date of the Moodle course.

You will need to consider whether you are just stopping access to the Moodle course only or also remove access from Joomla. I doubt you would want to stop access to Joomla.

You are correct I do not want to stop access to Joomla. I was looking at the Paypal plugin in Moodle and this might be the way I go, will this plugin work with Joomdle. I think it will let me sell time on the course but of course 30 days would be 43200 Min.
8 years 6 months ago
Chris
More
Paid membership #6
You can do this. Refer to the Joomdle documentation here
www.joomdle.com/wiki/Selling_Moodle_courses k
8 years 6 months ago
Chuck
More
Topic Author
Paid membership #7
I'll give it a shot, and I just wanted to say thanks for such a quick response and for a wonderful product.
Cron Job Starts