× Shop / e-Commerce Integration

Course Category - None (Can't change)

4 weeks 10 hours ago
cybersalt
More
Topic Author
Course Category - None (Can't change) #1
Hi Antonio,

One of my sites stopped registering purchasers in the course they bought.

In the Joomdle Config > Shop area the "courses category" dropdown says "none" and there is no other option in dropdown.

I looked in the settings right in the com_joomdle line in the DB and sure enough the value is "none".

When I change the value in the database record to "180" (the category id courses are created in) and then go back to the backend of Joomla and refresh the page the value in the dropdown remains "none".

If I save the settings, the database line is switched back to "none" - so I know I am looking into the correct DB.

Also, when someone registers when purchasing a course, they are added as a user in Moodle, so that part of the connection is working.

I am out of ideas about how to get courses category back to the proper setting.

Tim
3 weeks 6 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Course Category - None (Can't change) #2
Hi Tim, how are you?

> In the Joomdle Config > Shop area the "courses category" dropdown says "none" and there is no other option in dropdown.

What do you have as "Shop integration" set? Most probably problem is that you have an outdated integration plugin for the shop component you are using. Just download last version and you should see the categories.
3 weeks 6 days ago
cybersalt
More
Topic Author
Course Category - None (Can't change) #3
Hi Antonio,

I am well - and still looking forward to having you as a guest on the JoomCast podcast ;-)

I am using J2store. The existing shop integration showed as 1.1.0 which is the latest. I did download the 1.1.0 plugin again from your site and re-installed it and now the courses category dropdown is working (BTW, the xml on the 1.1.0 plugin still shows the year 2016).

Looking at the install now I only see 3 courses (of the many there are) in the SHOP area where you can "reload from Moodle."

Some of the missing courses are in subdirectories of the category in the courses category dropdown. Others are in categories not under the category in the courses category dropdown.

What is the best way for me get all courses showing again? Do I move each course back into the main course category and reload from Moodle? Can I move them back to their subdirectories and other directories after?

Tim
3 weeks 6 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Course Category - None (Can't change) #4
I am sorry, but I don't think I understand you correctly: do you mean the Joomdle shop section is only showing 3 moodle courses, but you have more? This view should saw all courses, regardless of the configured category.

There should be no need to reload anything anywhere if all was working fine before.
It probably went like this to stop working:
- You upgraded Joomdle at some point but not the integration J2Store plugin (my fault if versions are wrong, I will check that to see what went bad).
- It all kept working, because no config was changed
- Then later you went and made some change in Joomdle config screen, without realizing that the category field has been changed by a select field, which is populated by the plugin (which has to be last version)

If you can show some pics, or even send me access, I can take a look.
3 weeks 6 days ago
cybersalt
More
Topic Author
Course Category - None (Can't change) #5
Hi Antonio,

It turns out a new security setting on my server was breaking access to Moodle. I discovered it gathering credentials for you to login.

Once I got that sorted out all the courses showed and my latest test purchase through the site saw everything working again.

So at the very least, reinstalling the shop integration plugin must have fixed something that glitched. (I am pretty sure I had the current one install beforehand).

Thanks for the excellent support!

Tim
3 weeks 6 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Course Category - None (Can't change) #6
Great. Thanks for the feedback.
Cron Job Starts