Migrating existing Moodle-Joomla installations
This document applies to Joomdle Release 0.9.
Joomdle provides a tool to migrate an existing Moodle/Joomla installating to work with the Joomdle Single Sign On from Joomla to Moodle system.
You can access this tool in the Joomdle Component -> Users.
The listing shows by default all Moodle and Joomla users. This can be controled by the filter:
- Joomla users: show only Joomla users
- Moodle users: show only Moodle users
- Joomdle users: show only users using the Joomdle SSO system
- Not Joomdle users: show only users NOT using Joomdle SSO system
For each user, username, name and email are shown, along with three columns:
- Joomla account: wether the user has a Joomla a account
- Moodle account: wether the user has a Moodle a account
- Joomdle user: wether the user is configured to work with Joomdle SSO.
The options that can be applied to the elements selected from the list are:
- Add users to Joomla: create user accounts in Joomla for selected Moodle accounts.
- This creates accounts in Joomla for selected users, setting random passwords that are emailed to the users.
- Add users to Moodle. create user accounts in Moodle for selected Joomla accounts.
- This creates accounts in Moodle for selected users, and set their authentication method to Joomdle.
- Migrate users to Joomdle: change Moodle authentication method to Joomdle for selected users.
- Sync Moodle profiles: updates Moodle profile info with Joomla info, for selected users.
- Sync parents from Moodle: syncs parent info stored in Moodle to Joomla.
For tranfering existing installations to Joomdle, the steps are:
- Create needed accounts in Joomla or Moodle
- Migrate users to Joomdle, if needed. For transfering a user to the Joomdle SSO system, he has to have accounts in both Joomla and Moodle.
- Warning: Keep in mind that once a user has been transfered to Joomdle, he will no longer be able to log into Moodle with his password.
- If needed, sync profile and/or parents info