Amazing Component, Superb Support
- Justino Rocamora (JED Review)
Displays Moodle Content in Joomla
Whether it be for announcements, sales of online learning courses, course details, teacher's profiles or the latest class events, Joomdle enables you to display Moodle's content inside Joomla creating a seemless user interface for your students and giving your organisation a consistent brand keeping your customers coming back for more learning.
That's right, the world's leading Learning Management System (LMS) / Course Management System is accessible from inside Joomla, leveraging Joomla's world famous and easy to use templating and extension management framework. No more propietory and expensive Learning Management System, no more compromises on which features to provide your students. No more disperate online learning and customer portal environments.
The benefits are obvious:
- Reduced training requirements,
- A simplified or minimalised Moodle interface,
- Integration of Joomla Extensions with Moodle content,
- Deployment of a complete school campus based entirely on open source solutions ie reduced costs,
- The power of Joomla templates for your students interface,
- Leveraging Joomla's modules and views to present Moodle content,
- The list goes on and on ...
Moodle content can be displayed in Joomla!, in the following ways:
- In Joomla's component views;
- Personalising your user's / student's experience;
- Managing course enrolments and subscriptions;
- Providing student and/or teacher ABC directories;
- Selling one or more Moodle courses through Joomla's many cart choices;
- Centralising the purchase and administration of Moodle courses for corporations
- Searching Moodle course information from within Joomla.
Sell Moodle Courses Through Joomla!
Joomdle lets you sell Moodle courses using your favourite Joomla e-commerce or subscriptions extension. This have many advantages:
- You can use any payment processor supported by your e-commerce extension
- Users can buy several courses together, and even mix non-course products in the same cart
- Lets you create "course bundles" so you can offer products that are tied to several courses
Centralised User Profiles
Joomdle allows for the centralisation and syncronisation of user profiles ensuring consistency of user details between Joomla and Moodle and their associated extensions. In addition, you can choose whether to syncronise the user data from Joomla to Moodle or from Moodle to Joomla depending on your site's business policies.
Furthermore, you can specify the source extension for the user details such as EasySocial, Hikashop, etc. This ensures you have consistent user data across both platforms, removes the need for entering user data in multiple locations and places the management of user details with the users themselves.
Additional options allow you to
- map data fields in the Joomla extesions to the fields in Moodle so that you can control the data transferred / syncronised.
- lock the fields in Moodle to ensure the user's data is managed centraly reducing data errors and elimating double entry of data.
- map Joomla user groups or Joomla extension user profiles with Moodle roles (Student and Teacher roles only).
Single Sign On
- Reduces phishing success, because users are not trained to enter password everywhere without thinking.
- Reducing password fatigue from different user name and password combinations
- Reducing time spent re-entering passwords for the same identity
- Can support conventional authentication such as Windows credentials (i.e., username/password)
- Reducing IT costs due to lower number of IT help desk calls about passwords
- Security on all levels of entry/exit/access to systems without the inconvenience of re-prompting users
- Centralized reporting for compliance adherence
- SSO uses centralized authentication servers that all other applications and systems utilize for authentication purposes, and combines this with techniques to ensure that users do not actively have to enter their credentials more than once.
- SSO users need not remember so many passwords to login to different systems or applications." Source Wikipedia
Joomla Extensions Integration
All the extensions and their peripheries are not included in the Joomdle installation package. You will need to purchase, if necessary, download and install separately.
Systems Health Check
We know, we have been there too. What's worse is that you have know where to turn. You've tried the in-depth documentation but don't know where to start. You posted in the community forum but its after business hours in the country where support is provided.
Alas, the Joomdle System Health Check will help you identify the problem. With this nugget of information, you can quickly identify the most appropriate area within the documentation to resolve the problem yourself. Now that's what we call home medicine.
At the heart of Joomdle is a number of nerves that send messages back to the Joomdle brain when something doesn't quite feel right. Once alerted Joomdle checks for the mandatory requirements to keep it alive and ticking. Naturally Joomdle is not able to fix all the problems itself due to your systems security settings and preferred working environment.
Joomdle Features Overview
- Events & News
- Topics, Contents
- Events, Stats
- Course Categories
- Course Directories
- For Parents / Managers
- For Teachers
- Seamless presentation of Moodle courses wrapped inside Joomla.
- Leverage your favorite Joomla template removing the need for a Moodle template.
- Course Navigation
- Moodle Calendars
- Student ("My") Courses
- Student Certificates
- Random Question Quiz
- Course Categories
- Course Topics
- Community Builder
- Jomsocial Profile Types
- Memberships Pro