× Joomdle 1.0 Installation

Moodle 3.7 and Joomla 3.9.4 doesn't work

4 years 9 months ago
jbuchberger
More
Topic Author
Moodle 3.7 and Joomla 3.9.4 doesn't work #1
Hi there, we try to install Joomdle in Moodle 3.7 and Joomla 3.9.4 and didn't get it work since two days. Is your plugin working with this two actual versions?

Best regards,
Jürgen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Moodle 3.7 and Joomla 3.9.4 doesn't work #2
Hi. Joomdle works fine with those versions. Please share more info about the problem you are having, so we can try to help.

4 years 9 months ago 4 years 9 months ago by jbuchberger.
jbuchberger
More
Topic Author
Moodle 3.7 and Joomla 3.9.4 doesn't work #3
Today I did a complete clean installation, because remarking, that the problem was caused by wildcard ssl and subdomain handling.

Server: PHP 7.2. Latest FPM, MySQL 5.7 Latest
Joomla: 3.9.8 > no additional themes, plugins, components, modules except joomdle > elearning.xxx.xxx/kurse k
Moodle: 3.7. > no additional themes, plugins except joomdle > elearning.xxx.xxx/info k

Now a connection between Joomla and Moodle is established, but the last point in Joomla Joomdle system check "Joomdle Web Services" fails with the error message "An unexpected error happened: 89159464: Invalid Token - Token was not found | ERRORCODE: invalidtoken"

Joomla > admin directory > logs > joomdle_system_check.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<methodResponse>
<fault>
<value>
<struct>
<member>
<name>faultCode</name>
<value>
<int>89159464</int>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>faultString</name>
<value>
<string>Ungültiges Token - Token wurde nicht gefunden | ERRORCODE: invalidtoken</string>
</value>
</member>
</struct>
</value>
</fault>
</methodResponse>

Copying your "joomdle_moodle_ws_client.php" to the root of the Joomla installation and calling delivers the same result:

Reply:

Array
(
[faultCode] => 89159464
[faultString] => Ung�ltiges Token - Token wurde nicht gefunden | ERRORCODE: invalidtoken
)

And calling in Moodle directly "webservice/xmlrpc/server.php" delivers the following result:

<methodResponse>
<fault>
<value>
<struct>
<member>
<name>faultCode</name>
<value>
<int>23604497</int>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>faultString</name>
<value>
<string>Datensatz kann nicht in der Datenbanktabelle external_functions gefunden werden | ERRORCODE: invalidrecord</string>
</value>
</member>
</struct>
</value>
</fault>
</methodResponse>

As you can see the int values are different ...

Any idea?

Best regards,
Jürgen

4 years 9 months ago
jbuchberger
More
Topic Author
Moodle 3.7 and Joomla 3.9.4 doesn't work #4
Ok, i got it. Added the auth token of the joomdle connector in moodle to the joomla joomdle configuration and the system check is successfully passed. I misinterpreted the "Moodle 2. 0 auth token" and the sentence "only necessary for moodle 2.0". Maybe it's better to change it "Necessary for moodle 2.0 and newer."

Best regards,
Jürgen

4 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Moodle 3.7 and Joomla 3.9.4 doesn't work #5
Glad to know that you got it working.

> I misinterpreted the "Moodle 2. 0 auth token" and the sentence "only necessary for moodle 2.0".

Can you point me where you read that so I can change it please? I cannot find it now.

jbuchberger
More
Topic Author
Moodle 3.7 and Joomla 3.9.4 doesn't work #6
I switched the admin language in Joomla to English and the correct string "Moodle Auth Token" is displayed, I switched back to German and the string "Moodle 2.0 auth token (Authentifizierungsnummer in Moodle)" with the tipp "Der Moodle auth token wird nur in Moodle 2.0 benötigt" is displayed.

I will make a correct german translation for Moodle and Joomla and will send you the files, but this will last some days.

Best regards,
Jürgen

4 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Moodle 3.7 and Joomla 3.9.4 doesn't work #7
That would be great, thank you!

jbuchberger
More
Topic Author
Moodle 3.7 and Joomla 3.9.4 doesn't work #8
I checked the translation and they are well done. Only in Joomla admin language file there are two lines they were not correct.

I just replaced line 161 - 162

COM_JOOMDLE_MOODLE_AUTH_TOKEN="Moodle 2.0 auth token (Authentifizierungsnummer in Moodle)"
COM_JOOMDLE_MOODLE_AUTH_TOKEN_DESCRIPTION="Der Moodle auth token wird nur in Moodle 2.0 benötigt"

with

COM_JOOMDLE_MOODLE_AUTH_TOKEN="Moodle Auth Token"
COM_JOOMDLE_MOODLE_AUTH_TOKEN_DESCRIPTION="Den Moodle Auth Token für Joomdle finden Sie unter Moodle > Website-Administration > Plugins > Webservices "

in administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.com_joomdle.ini

Just replace the two lines. I added a hint to the user how to find the token... maybe it's useful.

Best regards,
Jürgen

BTW: I found out that some strings are not translated, I will do this next week and send you a download link for the files.