× Joomdle 1.0 Installation

Installation error on Joomla: Can't find XML setup file.

2 years 9 months ago
Iqtedar
More
Installation error on Joomla: Can't find XML setup file. #11
Wonderful! The installation proceeded using this version. Some errors show, but they are all related to other non-default languages in our multilingual site, so that's probably an issue to be dealt with under multilingual setup.

However, I'm stuck now on the "auth token" process. The page at www.joomdle.com/wiki/Preparing_Moodle_20...dle_config_in_Joomla k gives this information:

Get auth token for Joomdle config in Joomla
When you install Joomdle on MOODLE, a new token will be created. You need to get this token to enter it later in Joomdle configuration in Moodle.
Token can be found at: Administration -> Plugins -> Web Services -> Tokens.

I think Joomla is meant where I capitalised the sixth word (?). I didn't come across any tokens, and there is no entry for Tokens in the location given above in Joomla, nor in Moodle. The fields for auth token are empty in both Joomla and Moodle. Please point me to a guide to deal with this auth token. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Installation error on Joomla: Can't find XML setup file. #12
> I think Joomla is meant where I capitalised the sixth word

No, it is Moodle. You need to go where it says and you should find the token (assuming you already installed Joomdle on Moodle)

In Joomdle config in Joomla, don't you see one token set? Please share screenshot.

2 years 9 months ago
Iqtedar
More
Installation error on Joomla: Can't find XML setup file. #13
Okay, I thought you had to receive a token in one C/LMS to enter it into the other as a way of confirming the link between the two.
In Moodle, under Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Joomdle, the field for ‘Joomdle’s Joomla authentication token’ is empty, and it is stated underneath that this is the default.

In Joomla, under Components > Joomdle > Configuration > General, I noticed now there is an entry in the field ‘Joomla auth token’. Previously, I looked at ‘Moodle auth token’ which is still empty and I don’t know what to enter into it (see screenshot). Or is this how it is meant to be?

Also, in Joomla, under System > Manage > Plugins > Web Services, there is no “Web Services – Tokens”. And in Moodle, under ‘Site Administration > Plugins > Plugins Overview’, I note auth_joomdle is enabled, but enrol_joomdle is disabled and there doesn’t seem to be a way to enable it (assuming it needs to be enabled).

Maybe the previous issue with installing the Joomdle extension in Joomla messed things up, and I should uninstall from both and start again?
Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Installation error on Joomla: Can't find XML setup file. #14
> Also, in Joomla, under System > Manage > Plugins > Web Services, there is no “Web Services – Tokens”.

You need to go to that route in Moodle, not Joomla. There you will find the token you need to enter in Joomla as "Moodle auth token".

> In Moodle, under Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Joomdle, the field for ‘Joomdle’s Joomla authentication token’ is empty, and it is stated underneath that this is the default.

There, you need to enter the value you see in Joomdle in Joomla, ‘Joomla auth token’.

2 years 9 months ago
Iqtedar
More
Installation error on Joomla: Can't find XML setup file. #15
For ‘Moodle auth token’ to enter in Joomdle in Joomla, I fetched the token in Moodle 3.11 from:

Site Administration > Server > Web Services > Manage Token

They’re linked now.

2 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Installation error on Joomla: Can't find XML setup file. #16
Great, thanks for letting us know.