× R0.23 No Longer Supported

Use Moodle's Registration/Payment system?

11 years 6 months ago
Renee
More
Topic Author
Use Moodle's Registration/Payment system? #1
I'm not following something basic here I think

With joomdle installed could I use Moodle's registration system for payments and class registration??

Or is that what you guys are trying to achieve with virtuemart?

Could virtuemart with Joomdle enable us to have folks register through Moodles
registration system?

Renee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago
Chris
More
Use Moodle's Registration/Payment system? #2
Sorry for the delayed response.

Virtuemart will be used as a form of paying for Moodle courses within Joomla. So I could purchase one or more products, say a digital camera, in Joomla and at the same time cross-sell a course on digital photography.

Enrolment settings will still be set using the Moodle options. That said, logically I would see the number of enrolment options being minimised to give the customer a consistent interface.

One thing you do not see on this site yet is an enrolment button beside the course details / topics. This button could take me to a free course in virtuemart but personally if it's free, just open the door and not force them through VM. This way any e-commerce system or just a simple paypal button would work.

If you want to try enrolling at the moment. Login, then go to "demo/other views/course in a wrapper" and then using the breadcrumbs in moodle click on courses. You will see the list of courses and you can enrol in any of the courses like you would do normally. I will see if we can get the enrolment buttons up on the demo site to make this more logical.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.