Field Data Mapping
This document applies to Joomdle Release 1.3.0
Joomdle lets you leverage some Joomla third party extensions to maintain user profile info.
You can define corresponding fields between Moodle and Joomla, ensuring that Moodle will always be consistent with Joomla.
To use this feature, you first need to enable any Additional data source in the Joomdle component configuration. Then you can access the Mappings option in the Joomdle backend, to define the relations between fields.
You can define new mappings at any time.
Using multiple 3rd party extensions
Joomdle plugins will let you combine them in order to map fields from different Joomla components to Moodle.
Notice: If you use this, you won't be able to sync profile info from Moodle to Joomla.
To create mappings for 2 (or more) components, you need to:
- Enable Joomdle integration plugins for both of them
- In one of them, enable "Use as secondary data source for profile data". Let's call this plugin SECOND. The other one is FIRST.
- In Joomdle config in Joomla, User Profiles section, set SECOND as "Additional data source"
- Create mappings for SECOND integration
- In Joomdle config in Joomla, User Profiles section, set FIRST as "Additional data source"
- Create mappings for FIRST integration
With all these steps, you should now be able to sync info from both components to Moodle.