Single Sign On
This document applies to Joomdle Release 1.2.7
Joomdle provides Single Sign On (SSO) between Joomla and Moodle.
Therefore, user logins can be performed using Joomla's or Moodle's login page and eliminates the need to login a second time when the user enters the other platform.
Joomdle's SSO provides the following functions:
- When the user logs in either Joomla or Moodle, he is automatically logged into the other.
- When the user logs out of either Joomla or Moodle, he/she is automatically logged out of the other.
- User sessions are syncrhonized between both platforms
Joomla is used as the "master". That is, credentials are always checked against Joomla information, no matter how the user enters the system.
SSO can be perfomed in two ways:
- With redirect. Used by default. Works on most sites.
- Without redirect. Only works with cURL and both Moodle and Joomla on the same domain. This can help you if you have some problems with redirection, for example when you use fancy java-script based logins, AJAX calls or e-commerce extensions.
This is controlled with the "Use redirectless SSO" option in Joomdle configuration in Joomla.