× How To / General

Joomdle wrapper not using selected template

9 years 1 day ago 9 years 1 day ago by dave.
dave
More
Topic Author
Joomdle wrapper not using selected template #1
Hi,

I've installed the joomdle-moodle-basic_bootstrap_template and selected it in the joomdle configuration. When I navigate to the Joomdle My Courses link I see the listing of course topics in the bootstrap template. Once I click on any of the course lessons (which are all SCORM packages) they load with my default moodle template (clean) in the wrapper with moodle navigation and header login etc.

I've tried a few things I've come across in the forum here but nothing seems to work. I've cleaned the moodle cache and my sites cache numerous times.
Deleted my browser history and even tried using different browsers and nothings worked.

Joomla 3.4.1
Joomdle 1.0.1
Moodle 2.8.5 (Build: 20150310)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 22 hours ago
Antonio Durán
More
Joomdle wrapper not using selected template #2
Hi.

So what you say is that when you click on joomdle links, template shows correctly, but when you go to a scorm package, it loads default one.
What happens if you navigate instead to profile page for example, or any other non scorm page?

9 years 22 hours ago 9 years 22 hours ago by dave. Reason: add image
dave
More
Topic Author
Joomdle wrapper not using selected template #3
When I click on the Joomdle My Courses link to the course content it is displayed using the joomdle-moodle-basic_bootstrap_template (see attached)
Clicking on the Joomdle Course navigation to a course lesson activity (any type) displays the lesson wrapped in my default moodle template which is the clean theme (see attached)
In the joomdle configuration under Links behaviour I have the joomdle-moodle-basic_bootstrap_template selected to be used in the wrapper.
Attachments:

9 years 22 hours ago
Antonio Durán
More
Joomdle wrapper not using selected template #4
Your first screenshot is not the bootstrap template. It is not even Moodle: it is the Joomdle course view.
So it seems you set "my courses" to link to course view instead of Moodle.

9 years 22 hours ago
dave
More
Topic Author
Joomdle wrapper not using selected template #5
The JoomdleMyCourses.png screenshot is setup to "link to" Joomdle Course View which displays in the wrapper using the joomdle-moodle-basic_bootstrap_template.
Clicking on any of those links will display the course activity in the moodle theme "clean" with moodle navigation, header, login etc (Lesson-Display.jpg)
If I use the Joomdle Course Navigation module links they to are displayed in the wrapper with the moodle clean theme as well

9 years 21 hours ago
Antonio Durán
More
Joomdle wrapper not using selected template #6
> The JoomdleMyCourses.png screenshot is setup to "link to" Joomdle Course View which displays in the wrapper using the joomdle-moodle-basic_bootstrap_template

No, you need to set it to link to moodle if you want to use the wrapper. That is not the wrapper, it is the course view.

Also, did you enable allow url embedding in moodle?

9 years 21 hours ago 9 years 21 hours ago by dave. Reason: added image
dave
More
Topic Author
Joomdle wrapper not using selected template #7
Yes - url embedding in moodle is set

> No, you need to set it to link to moodle if you want to use the wrapper. That is not the wrapper, it is the course view.
Actually it's the opposite.

If I change the Joomdle Course View module option to Link to "Moodle" instead of "Joomdle Course View" the wrapper displays with all of the moodle navigation etc. just as the course activity links currently do. Selecting "Joomdle Course View" in the module displays the course content using the bootstrap template as it should. I can give you access so you can see what I'm describing.
Attachments:

8 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Joomdle wrapper not using selected template #8
> If I change the Joomdle Course View module option to Link to "Moodle" instead of "Joomdle Course View" the wrapper displays with all of the moodle navigation etc.
Yes, that is expected.

> Selecting "Joomdle Course View" in the module displays the course content using the bootstrap template as it should
No, that is not true. What you think it is bootstrap template is really a Joomdle view in Joomla.

The lesson-display pic you attached is the only one showing the wrapper.

8 years 11 months ago 8 years 11 months ago by Maarten Reintjes.
Maarten Reintjes
More
Joomdle wrapper not using selected template #9
Hi,

I'm facing the same problem.

See attached files for the screens.
The URL for screen 1 and screen 2 are:
Screen1:
...../opleiding-en-training/lean/lean-examen/lean-green-belt-examentraining-content
Screen2:
...../?option=com_joomdle&view=wrapper&moodle_page_type=quiz&id=4&course_id=3&Itemid=960

Where can I set url embedding in moodle?
Attachments:

8 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Joomdle wrapper not using selected template #10
Screen1 is joomdle course view, screen2 is wrapper.