× Tips & Tricks

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

IFRAME detection in Moodle

10 years 5 months ago
Jisse Reitsma
More
Topic Author
IFRAME detection in Moodle #1
Hi all,

Joomdle is really great, and it has allowed me to start building a great platform based on Moodle 2.5 and Joomla! 3.2. Because Joomla! is now all about Bootstrap, I also implemented a Bootstrap theme for Moodle, and this made things really slick!

However, I bumped into the issue of the Moodle theme displaying various unwanted block-elements while being wrapped in the Joomla! frontend. But simply hacking the Moodle theme was no option for me, because that would make it unusable within the standalone Moodle pages (used for administration). So I came up with a solution which allows the IFRAME used by Joomdle to be detected, and the Moodle theme to switch blocks on and off accordingly (using PHP-code).

The following contains some of the code I used for this:
gist.github.com/yireo/7674072 k

Hopefully it is useful for some of you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
IFRAME detection in Moodle #2
Thanks for sharing this with the community, I am sure many people will make use of it.

ps: I moved this to Tips & Tricks sections, so it can be found easily by others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.