- Allows webmasters to publish Moodle courses inside a Virtuemart storefront
- Allows Buyers to purchase a Moodle course like any other product offered through Virtuemart
- Automatically enrolls the Buyer in the selected course(s).
- Sends a configurable email to the Buyer confirming their purchase / provide instructions on gaining access.
In order to user Joomdle-Virtuemart integration you will need to install and enable these plugins:
- Virtuemart Selling Courses
- VirtueMart 2 Orders
Ensure you have Virtuemart installed and working properly wirh normal products before you begin.
Create a new Virtuemart Product Category
Under the Virtuemart Product Menu, create a new Virtuemart Product Category to group your Moodle courses.
To start using Joomdle's Virtuemart integration, select it in Joomdle Configuration, Shop section, as shown in the image below.
There is also another mandatory item to configure:
- Courses category: Select the Virtuemart Product Category where you wish Moodle's courses to appear.
These are optional:
- Buy courses for children: enable this option if you want to use this feature. You can get more info about it here
- Send enrol emails: enable this option if you want Joomdle to send emails on course purchases
- Subject of email and Body of email. Enter the Subject and Body of the email you wish to send. You can use COURSE_NAME and COURSE_URL for Joomdle to "grab" the values from Moodle.
- Send bundle emails: enable this option if you want Joomdle to send emails on bundle purchases (one email will be sent for each course in bundle)
The package enrol_joomdle.zip contains a new enrolment method for Moodle. This plugin is not required, and it is only useful for:
- Setting a cost for course in Moodle
- Showing a link to course in shop when user tries to enter course without enroling first
You can install it using Moodle's plugin installer at Site administration->Plugins->Install plugins.
After completing installation, go to Site administration->Plugins->Enrolments->Manage enrol plugins.
A new enrol method, called Joomdle, should appear in the list. Enable it so you can start using it.
Click Edit to configure its options:
- Default cost: The default cost to enroll in courses
- Currency: Your preferred default currency for courses
- Enrol message: A message to show to the user if he tries to access the course without having paid. You can include the string BUY_COURSE_URL to show a link the the product page in shop.
Please follow this link to get information on how to sell courses with Joomdle: Selling courses with an e-commerce extension