Source IP not allowed - Multiple IPs for Joomdle Webservices

10 years 5 months ago 10 years 5 months ago by Sandeep.
Sandeep
More
Topic Author
Source IP not allowed - Multiple IPs for Joomdle Webservices #1
Hi there,

Configuration:

Joomla (2.5.16)
Moodle (2.3)
Joomdle (0.82)

My problem is similar to Source IP not allowed in Joomdle webservices k except I have multiple addresses. How do I specify a range of IP addresses?

Today, our Moodle hosting provider uses a range of IP addresses xxx.xx.xx.zz/25

For five minutes Joomdle SystemCheck says: Source IP not allowed: XXX.X.XXX.254

When I change this Joomdle general configuration to XXX.X.XXX.254

SystemCheck says everythings working fine.

After 30 minutes or so, System Check reports Source IP not allowed: XXX.X.XXX.253

If I add this again through the general configuration, Joomdle system check shows everything is fine.

This problem is recurring, I want to know if its possible to use both these IP addresses in the Internal IP Address field.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago
Fernando Acedo
More
Source IP not allowed - Multiple IPs for Joomdle Webservices #2
Use xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24

25 is a subnet so you restricted the access to half IP's.

Anyway I can't understand why the server changes the IP often. I won't use a server that changes the IP every 30 minutes. Probably the best solution would be to change hosting company.

10 years 5 months ago
Chris
More
Source IP not allowed - Multiple IPs for Joomdle Webservices #3
As Fernando has inferred, you are likely to run into long term issues with IP addresses changing very frequently.

Immediately, you are reducing the security of your platform. Longer term you may run into problems if you choose to sell courses online or if you require any form of internet certificates. Personally, I would be asking my hosting provider why your IP address is changing so frequently as this is not a normal practice. In fact, to my knowledge this is only common for server environments which are prone to numerous emails / spam, etc to get around IP checkers. Furthermore, your domain may be lose credibility if it's IP addresses is constantly changing which may affect your rankings on major search engines and the like.

10 years 2 months ago
Mike
More
Source IP not allowed - Multiple IPs for Joomdle Webservices #4
Hi there,

I got same problem. My hosting provider said his server equipment is configured in a cloud
and therefore the internal IP of the server change offen. I configured the address as 999.999.999.0/24
(999 as eg. only, in real the correct address is other, only .0/24 is real) but the check faild.
It seams check need one IP adddress and not a range.
Am I right? Is this posibble to manage in joomdle?

Regards,
Mike

10 years 2 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Source IP not allowed - Multiple IPs for Joomdle Webservices #5
Not at this point, you need a fixed IP. You could modify the code to deal with a range...

I am thinking about changing auth method for this in a future version, using the token to authenticate the requests instead of the IP.