Multiple Virtuemart Products, One Moodle Course

6 years 1 month ago
Phil
More
Topic Author
Multiple Virtuemart Products, One Moodle Course #1
Can I have multiple Virtuemart products that all enrol the buyers into the same Moodle course?

I'm on Joomla 2.5, Virtuemart 3, Moodle 1.9.

Thanks,
Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago
Phil
More
Topic Author
Multiple Virtuemart Products, One Moodle Course #2
I see someone else recently asked about this ( www.joomdle.com/forum/r09-support/11354-...ucts-for-same-course k ).

Just so you know, I'm not looking for support on how to do this - I'm asking a pre-sales question to find out if it's possible, in which case I will be able to use Joomdle and purchase a subscription.

(The reason I'm looking at Joomdle 0.95 is because we're still on Moodle 1.9 for a few more months).

Thanks,
Phil

6 years 1 month ago
Antonio Durán
More
Multiple Virtuemart Products, One Moodle Course #3
Hi Phil.

Yes, you can do what you want, and the procedure is the one described in linked post: creating bundles with only one course, so you can have more than one product "linking" to the same course.

6 years 1 month ago
michaelhermary
More
Multiple Virtuemart Products, One Moodle Course #4
I can't find any documentation for this. Can you direct me to it or explain how it works?

I created a bundle, but it created only 1 virtuemart product. I need multiple virtuemart products that all enrol purchasers into the same course.

Thanks,
Michael and Phil

6 years 1 month ago
Antonio Durán
More
Multiple Virtuemart Products, One Moodle Course #5
It seems we don't have any documentation about bundles... :( I have written it down to try to improve docs as soon as I can.

> I created a bundle, but it created only 1 virtuemart product. I need multiple virtuemart products that all enrol purchasers into the same course.

You need to create multiple bundles, all of them containing the same Moodle courses. This way you have many produtcs that all enrol purchasers in same course.

6 years 1 month ago
michaelhermary
More
Multiple Virtuemart Products, One Moodle Course #6
Let's say I have 1 moodle course and want to create 2 virtuemart products that both enrol people into that 1 course. How do I do it?

Thanks,
Phil

6 years 1 month ago
Antonio Durán
More
Multiple Virtuemart Products, One Moodle Course #7
You would create 2 bundles.
Each of them should contain the moodle course.

6 years 1 month ago
michaelhermary
More
Multiple Virtuemart Products, One Moodle Course #8
Okay, out of curiosity, do I have to create the bundle from within Joomdle, or is there a way to do it from within Virtuemart?

Also, can I change the sku of the bundle or not?

Thanks,
Phil

6 years 1 month ago
Antonio Durán
More
Multiple Virtuemart Products, One Moodle Course #9
You need to do it in Joomdle, as it creates the needed entries in joomdle table to link bundle and courses.

You cannot change sku, as it is used to link product with joomdle table.

Maybe we should add an option to use a different field instead of sku to link products and courses, like GTIN or MPN, although this would only be done for J3. Do you see any advantages in doing it?

6 years 1 month ago
michaelhermary
More
Multiple Virtuemart Products, One Moodle Course #10
For some reason, I had set up my mysql view to link the Virtuemart SKU with the Moodle 'Course ID Number' rather than just the 'Course ID', but I don't remember why I did that.

Your current way of doing it makes the most sense to me right now, but I'll let you know if I think of a reason to add another option.