× Feature Requests

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

Membership pro

3 years 11 months ago
automotive
More
Topic Author
Membership pro #1
Hi Antonio,

I hope you didn't throw this post out because I'm in the wrong category. I couldn't choose 3rd party plugins, other plugins.

I used CB together with Akeeba subscriptions. This is no longer supported and then I opted for Membership Pro, because it has a payment plugin for mollie and Joomdle has also a third party integration for it. Now I think I have discovered that this integration is for the subscriptions (enroll). But I need it for the profile like with CB ....... I linked 2 CB custom fields (school and class) and the avantar went automatically to moodle.

Can you help me that this is also possible with membership pro?

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Membership pro #2
Hi.

Thanks for the suggestion. You posted in the right category, as this is a feature request.

I went ahead and developed a new plugin for Membership Pro profile integration. You can download it at:
www.joomdle.com/download/category/38-membership-pro k

Please note that you will need an active subscription to download it.

3 years 11 months ago
automotive
More
Topic Author
Membership pro #3
Hi Antonio,

Thank you very much for picking this up right away. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work. The department and the avatar does not appear in moodle.

When I create a new account I get an error message from moodle that the user cannot change his own account. That's right, but it is the intention that the account is created in moodle. That does not happen. It does not appear among users in the list. Joomdle says he is a user in joomla and moodle.

I hope this could be resolved.

Ger
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Membership pro #4
Thanks for the feedback.

> The department and the avatar does not appear in moodle.

It seems I only tested with existing users. I now tested with a new registration and could replicate the issue.
After checking Membership code, I found it is behaving differently, so I had to create yet another plugin to react to subscription event and call user sync there. Please download and test and let me know.

> When I create a new account I get an error message from moodle that the user cannot change his own account. That's right, but it is the intention that the account is created in moodle.

I guess you get that message because you set Moodle to not allow students to edit profile.
But when Moodle finds that the user who logs in is lacking some mandatory profile field, it will try to redirect you to profile no matter what.

> That does not happen. It does not appear among users in the list.

I think it is, as Joomdle says. But I guess you searched by name. If you search by username in Moodle, you'll find a record with no first/lastname.
I think this is related to what you say about the avatar: how are you setting this? I don't see any avatar when I test. Maybe you are using some CB integration?

3 years 11 months ago
automotive
More
Topic Author
Membership pro #5
Hi Antonio,

Following your post:
In my case, it didn't work with existing users either.
Indeed, users are not allowed to edit their profile in moodle. The data in joomla should suffice.

>But when Moodle finds that the user who logs in is lacking some mandatory profile field, it will try to redirect you to profile no matter what.
That is true, but that is not the intention.

>I think it is, as Joomdle says. But I guess you searched by name. If you search by username in Moodle, you'll find a record with no first/lastname.
That is true, but that is not the intention.

>I think this is related to what you say about the avatar: how are you setting this? I don't see any avatar when I test. Maybe you are using some CB integration?
No I don't use CB intergration. You can see the avatar in the user profile and in membership pro you enable it in configuration. See picture.

Following the test with the new plugin:
Is it correct that I don't see the plugin in the overview of the plugins ?? Or is the name system joomdlesession ??
But the conclusion is that it does not work, see images.

Regard,
Ger
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Membership pro #6
Hi.

Thanks for the info. Now I see that I am not running current version of Membership Pro, and that's why I don't see the avatar params. Maybe it also explains that it works for me and not for you.
If you can, please email the package for the version you are using to development at joomdle and I will take another look at it.

Is it correct that I don't see the plugin in the overview of the plugins ?? Or is the name system joomdlesession ??
Did you install the new plugin? It should show as:
Membership Pro - Jomdle Profile Plugin
It is this one in downloads: plg_osmembership_joomdleprofile_v1.0.0.zip

3 years 11 months ago
automotive
More
Topic Author
Membership pro #7
Hi Antonio,

I sent the package to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Unfortunately I get a notification with gmail addresses. Did you receive it?

Incidentally, I use the latest version for all software.

Sincerely,
Ger

3 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Membership pro #8
Thanks for sending the package. Gmail did not like it, but I could get it from Joomdle server.
I will work with it and get back to you as soon as possible.

3 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Membership pro #9
I tested with new package, and everything keeps working fine for me. I uploaded a new version that includes support for avatar sync, but I did not modify any other code, as it was not needed.
Please test and let me know. If you still have problems I could take a look at your site.

3 years 11 months ago
automotive
More
Topic Author
Membership pro #10
Hi Antonio,

I tried, did what I can but it doesn't work for me.

I have made a copy of the environment and will email the access to you.

Sincerely,

Ger