× Experiences & Stories

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

jfusion vs joomdle

10 years 4 months ago
sara
More
Topic Author
jfusion vs joomdle #1
hi
as i know jfusion doesnt have much modules to load data from moodle.can i use jfusion plugins with joomdle modules?
and,could u pls explain what are the differences between joomdle and jfusion?
thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
jfusion vs joomdle #2
Hi. Sorry but I have never tried JFusion, nor do I know what it offers.

10 years 4 months ago
Chris
More
jfusion vs joomdle #3
jfusion provides SSO between joomla and a number of other applications including moodle. its focus is the SSO and not the data integration. you can find a complete list of features at the jfusion site.

10 years 2 months ago
eoltech
More
jfusion vs joomdle #4
Les estare contando mi experiencia con mi sitio en Moodle.

10 years 2 months ago
Chris
More
jfusion vs joomdle #5
Maravilloso. Espero con interés sus comentarios.

Great. I look forward to your comments.

10 years 1 month ago
Ron Wells
More
jfusion vs joomdle #6
I have successfully transitioned a backup of my site from using a JFusion Bridge to using Joomdle. Transition was straight forward. No surprises found. Here are a few things learned:

1. JFusion is simple to uninstall - it will take out all components, plug-ins, modules, etc. when you uninstall the component.

2. You will need to install Joomdle per instructions on this site after removing JFusion. (I did try to use Joomdle with JFusion still installed. The auto create Moodle user did not work until I unpublished / removed JFusion.)

3. Replace JFusion wrappers with Joomdle wrapper, etc.

4. Because JFusion creates a copy of the user data in both Joomla and Moodle, each user will exist in both areas when reviewing user information with the Joomdle User tool.

5. Changing Moodle user authentication method to Joomdle is simple with Joomdle tool.

6. Validate registration, etc. We use a fairly complicated JomSocial / JSPT / AEC registration process. After removal of JFusion and installation of Joomdle, registration systems still worked fine.

Big difference after moving to Joomdle is new choices to integrate Moodle data within Joomla. Joomdle menu items, calender module, etc make it very easy to go from the homepage to desired location within Moodle - all in one or two clicks. Also, search function with Moodle is very good. Lastly, having JomSocial avatar, info, etc. automatically show up in Moodle is a big step to blending the two systems together.

Thanks again for the great software. Joomdle really takes Joomla/Moodle integration much farther than simple SSO. I will be planning a maintenance window now to upgrade our production system. B)

Ron

10 years 2 weeks ago 10 years 2 weeks ago by Ron Wells.
Ron Wells
More
jfusion vs joomdle #7
Quick update - we upgraded our production site to Joomdle a few weeks ago. System is now working for small installation of ~500 users. Few comments that have been given since switching over:

1. JFusion auto log-in to Moodle worked "most of the time". Sometimes users would have to log in to Moodle directly to get to that part of the site. Since installing Joomdle, auto login has been solid. Not one complaint of auto log in failures.

2. Joomdle modules showing links to user moodle areas is big step forward. Users now only have 1 or 2 clicks to get where they want to be within Moodle. Before, explaining how to navigate deep into moodle took alot of time for those new to the Moodle platform. (i.e. most of our parents) Instructions on how to get to grades, calendar, etc. are very simple now. Big time saver for support people. Big increase in website usability for students and parents.

3. Joomdle / JomSocial integration is very good. User Avatars now show up the same in both Joomla and Moodle giving a similar look and feel to the entire site. Single store for user data simplifies user info storage. Users can now recognize others quickly.

Thanks again,
Ron

10 years 2 weeks ago
Chris
More
jfusion vs joomdle #8
Thanks for the update Ron. We will have further integration with Jomsocial and JSPT shortly. Is there anything you would like to see working in this scenario?

10 years 2 weeks ago
Ron Wells
More
jfusion vs joomdle #9
Thanks Chris - I've got a few ideas. I will post in the feature request area.

Ron