× Experiences & Stories

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

Joomdle at Joomla Day Brasil 2011

9 years 1 week ago 9 years 1 week ago by Julien. Reason: Fixed the slideshare link
Julien
More
Topic Author
Joomdle at Joomla Day Brasil 2011 #1
Hello guys!

We (at Obiz k) have used Joomdle for a project last year, using it with VM to allow a local school to sell its courses on its Joomla website, and the result have been quite satisfactory.

Since a lot of public institutions use both platform here in Brazil, we decided to present Joomdle during Joomla Day Brasil 2011. The event took place in Florianópolis two weeks ago and around 250 people attended (not an official number).

I've spoken there to our fellow Joomla developpers and sympathizers about the different parts of the extensions (component, plugins and modules), and about how the communication between Joomla and Moodle was design. Several people came to me after the presentation to show their interest in using Joomdle, nice :)

If you would like to see more, I've posted the presentation there: www.slideshare.net/obiz k .

See you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago 9 years 1 week ago by Chris.
Chris
More
Joomdle at Joomla Day Brasil 2011 #2
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are delighted that you took some time out to showcase Joomdle as part of your solution / presentation. Please let us know if there are area of improvement that you will help the Joomdle solution.

Note: The link you provided gives a 404 error message

Chris

9 years 6 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Joomdle at Joomla Day Brasil 2011 #3
Hi.

As Chris says, thanks so much for presenting Joomdle to the brazilian Joomla community. I looked at your presentation and it is really cool, it is clear that you spent quite a lot of time studying the inner workings of Joomdle.

Correct link for presentation is: www.slideshare.net/obiz k

Thanks for sharing your experience,
Antonio

9 years 6 days ago
Julien
More
Topic Author
Joomdle at Joomla Day Brasil 2011 #4
Thanks for your nice feedback.
I did spend some hours studying the inners of Joomdle, but nothing compared to your time building it!

Let me know if anyone would like the original Keynote file. I'm not attaching it here because it is 30MB, but I can post it to anyone. It could be a starting point for other presentations of Joomdle, and I surely would have liked such an introduction to Joomdle's architecture when we started working with it.

Julien

9 years 6 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Joomdle at Joomla Day Brasil 2011 #5
Thanks for your offering.
I would love to have the original file. As you say it would make a great starting point if I need to present Joomdle around again.
Please send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thanks,
Antonio

9 years 4 days ago 9 years 4 days ago by Julien.
Julien
More
Topic Author
Joomdle at Joomla Day Brasil 2011 #6
Actually, if zipped it is postable here :)

Edit: Could not manage to attach a zip file here. I'll send it to you by email.