× Experiences & Stories

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

Heading into year 3 of using Joomdle

8 years 4 months ago
Ron Wells
More
Topic Author
Heading into year 3 of using Joomdle #1
Just wanted to say thanks for the great product and support you guys have provided over the past 2.5 years that we have been using Joomdle in our production environment. (since R022!).

For those that are considering using Joomdle, we have had a great experience. The development team is great and there are definitely more and more capabilities arriving with every release. Over the summer, we will be moving to Moodle 2.2 and it is nice to see that Antonio, Chris, and the team are ahead of the curve supporting the new releases. A few points to make about this software and some lessons learned from our experience:

1. JomSocial integration is great - students really appreciate the social side of the website. We turn off most of the "social" capabilities in Moodle and use JS.
2. HikaShop works very well with this "eco-system". We did use Tienda but switched over to Hikashop this year. Tienda was slow to upgrade to J2.5 and I had many issues with training. HikaShop is very user friendly.
3. JoomlaXI's JSPT workes very well with registering Parents, Teachers, etc. We use Joomdle's Student / Child registration for the Students. Automatically associating Parents with Children in both Moodle and Joomla is very useful as it allows us to use the "Mentor" capabilities of Moodle. (i.e. parents can see grades, etc.)
4. For adhoc reporting against the Moodle and Joomla databases, we use Navicat for MySQL. This allows us to create queries into both the Moodle and Joomla database without having to know all of the SQL commands, etc.

Happy to hear others experience / suggestions as well...

Thanks,
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago
Chris
More
Heading into year 3 of using Joomdle #2
Thanks for the feedback Ron - it's nice to see how some sites are using Joomdle and associated extensions. It's hard to imagine that Joomdle has been around for three years. It's been a long road and we certainly can see many new twists and turn ahead that hopefully everybody can harness.

Take care

Chris

8 years 2 months ago
Max L
More
Heading into year 3 of using Joomdle #3
Hi Ron,
Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences and recommendations.
Will certainly help other users when people share their knowledge and experiences ;)
Max

7 years 4 months ago 7 years 4 months ago by Sergey.
Sergey
More
Heading into year 3 of using Joomdle #4

Just wanted to say thanks for the great product and support you guys have provided over the past 2.5 years that we have been using Joomdle in our production environment. (since R022!).

For those that are considering using Joomdle, we have had a great experience. The development team is great and there are definitely more and more capabilities arriving with every release. Over the summer, we will be moving to Moodle 2.2 and it is nice to see that Antonio, Chris, and the team are ahead of the curve supporting the new releases. A few points to make about this software and some lessons learned from our experience:

1. JomSocial integration is great - students really appreciate the social side of the website. We turn off most of the "social" capabilities in Moodle and use JS.
2. HikaShop works very well with this "eco-system". We did use Tienda but switched over to Hikashop this year. Tienda was slow to upgrade to J2.5 and I had many issues with training. HikaShop is very user friendly.
3. Joomla kXI's JSPT workes very well with registering Parents, Teachers, etc. We use Joomdle's Student / Child registration for the Students. Automatically associating Parents with Children in both Moodle and Joomla is very useful as it allows us to use the "Mentor" capabilities of Moodle. (i.e. parents can see grades, etc.)
4. For adhoc reporting against the Moodle and Joomla databases, we use Navicat for MySQL. This allows us to create queries into both the Moodle and Joomla database without having to know all of the SQL commands, etc.

Happy to hear others experience / suggestions as well...

Thanks,
Ron

Ron I'm absolutely agree with you , I use Joomdle for last 2 months and I'm very happy for this .
Thanks guys .