× Feature Requests

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

[Closed] Joomla topmenu (or other modules) on moodle site

14 years 2 weeks ago 10 years 10 months ago by Antonio Durán.
red
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Joomla topmenu (or other modules) on moodle site #1
aha!
i finally found a solution i can live with.
again. my usual style of brute force attack on joomla and moodle. but we have results!

to install on moodle, you take the link it has generated and paste it in your moodle header file (yes you only need to edit the actual theme, not moodle itself) wherever you want it:
<?require_once([YOUR LINK])?>

to install on joomla, just normally install the attached zip extension. its safe.

thats it! its installed :)

now all you need to do is to go to the component on the admin side, and click the link inside. repeat each time after editing the joomla top-menu.

so here is how this works:
i have made an admin component which gives you a link to a front-end component (i couldn't render the modules on the admin side, i'm no joomla expert. perhaps someone here can fix that). The front-end part of the component renders the topmenu, saves it to a php file, and gives you the link of the generated file.

this extension is non intrusive and does no hack any core files.
it has absolutely no licensee or rights attached, completely free. in-fact i hope it can be extended to attach to the user sync on joomla's part, and be made to be able to share several modules.

File Attachment:

File Name: com_menuinc.zip
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
14 years 4 days ago
Maxie
More
[Closed] Joomla topmenu (or other modules) on moodle site #2
Hello there,
Trying to use your component but I am unable to see a link or access it from the admin panel, says direct access not permitted...?
14 years 4 days ago 14 years 4 days ago by red.
red
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Joomla topmenu (or other modules) on moodle site #3
It Should appear in the components menu in the admin.

Where do you get that direct access error? which url were you using?