× Feature Requests

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

[Closed] SSO and redirection

14 years 1 week ago 13 years 10 months ago by Antonio Durán.
Antonio Durán
More
Topic Author
[Closed] SSO and redirection #1
I open this thread hoping to generate some good discussion.

I have started working on the issue of Joomdle redirecting always to joomla home after loggin in, as described is this thread:
joomdle.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...view&catid=16&id=981 k

Problem is that right now, this cannot be done (I think, hope someone can prove me wrong ;)) in an elegant way, as Moodle outsources all session control to PHP.
This means we cannot set up a session for the user in Moodle without making his browser go to moodle site, as we could do in Joomla by just inserting a record in the sessions table.
In Moodle there is no "sessions table", as all session work is handled by PHP.

This will change in Moodle 2.0, as they are moving to their own session system based on DB.

So, with this in mind, I guess we can try to do what we can now, but knowing that Moodle 2.0 is around the corner and will ease this task.

Also, I am no web developer expert, so maybe there are some options I have not thought of.

So, what I have tested is:
- Open an invisible iframe in login plugin, that loads moodle site SSO page.
This seems to fail because before completing execution of the iframe, the browser is redirected. If I put an exit just after the iframe declaration, it does SSO ok :)

- Open a new window with the SSO page and then close it. I can open and close it right away, but if I put a sleep (1) between open and closing,to give it time to load, it won't close the page. I guess the problem is similar as before: execution just moves along and page is redirected.

Will keep thinking... if anyone has any ideas, please share :)
The topic has been locked.
13 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Topic Author
[Closed] SSO and redirection #2
More or less solved in R0.24, although we keep using redirection to Moodle.
The topic has been locked.