× Feature Requests

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

[Closed] User Sync

5 years 5 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] User Sync #11
You also need to upgrade Joomdle user check plugin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago
Eric vanBok
More
[Closed] User Sync #12
I just downloaded and upgraded the Joomdle User Check plugin. I then proceeded to try changing a username to test it out. After a long delay I got this error:
XML-RPC Error (23000021): Access control exception | ERRORCODE: accessexception
I checked both Joomla and Moodle and the username change didn't happen in either system. I ran a system check and all is green checkmarks.

Am I doing something else wrong?

5 years 5 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] User Sync #13
Not that I can think of...no idea why that error is shown.

That said, it seems the plugin is not working fine for "real" username changing. I guess I was only thinking about changing usernames to make them lowercase when I made these changes, so it is not really working when you do a real username change.
I will work on it more soon, and get back to you.
In the meantime, if you need to change a username, you can temporary disable user check plugin.

5 years 5 months ago
Eric vanBok
More
[Closed] User Sync #14
Thank you for the help with this. I really appreciate it.

5 years 5 months ago
Web Buster UK Ltd
More
[Closed] User Sync #15

Antonio Durán wrote: Not that I can think of...no idea why that error is shown.

That said, it seems the plugin is not working fine for "real" username changing. I guess I was only thinking about changing usernames to make them lowercase when I made these changes, so it is not really working when you do a real username change.
I will work on it more soon, and get back to you.
In the meantime, if you need to change a username, you can temporary disable user check plugin.

It seems that when we change a username in Joomla/Moodle, the change is not transferred across to the other resulting in error in sync-ing user profiles. Tried changing the username back and the error states "username already exists". Is it possible to re-link the joomla and moodle user profiles?

We ended up just deleting one of the user profile on one system (either Joomla or Moodle) and re-transfer it across to the other.

5 years 4 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] User Sync #16
Hi.

I will keep working on this to try to make it work correctly.
In the meantime, if you need to change usernames, you can do it:
- By disabling userhook plugin in Joomla for a moment, and user sync to Joomla in Moodle config too, and doing the changes.
- Or doing username changes directly in both Joomla and Moodle databases

5 years 4 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] User Sync #17
Hi again.

> It seems that when we change a username in Joomla/Moodle, the change is not transferred across to the other resulting in error in sync-ing user profiles

This seems to be working fine for me. Are you running Joomdle 1.0.8 on both Joomla and Moodle?

Eric: can you test changing username again? I am testing with plugin enabled and it seems to be working fine for me.

5 years 4 months ago
Eric vanBok
More
[Closed] User Sync #18
I have 1.0.8 on both Joomla and Moodle. I get all green check marks in the Joomdle System Check. I have the latest version of the Joomdle User Check plugin installed. When I try to change a password in the Joomla User Manager I get the following error:
XML-RPC Error (23000021): Access control exception | ERRORCODE: accessexception

I am running EasyProfile as well. Would that make a difference?

Let me know what other information you might want or what else you would like to try. I am more than willing to help in any way needed.

5 years 4 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] User Sync #19
Thanks. Does the error show any more info if you enable debugging on Moodle?

5 years 4 months ago
Eric vanBok
More
[Closed] User Sync #20
Just turned on debugging and tried again. I immediately saw the issue. There were new functions that I had not added to the functions list for the Joomdle external service within Moodle. I added those and it works perfectly now.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for any extra work I caused.