× Feature Requests

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

Add "Enroll into Course" as possible action button text

5 years 1 month ago
DunamisPRMI
More
Topic Author
Add "Enroll into Course" as possible action button text #1
The British Spelling of "Enrol into Course" button is driving my users insane with typo fixing requests. . . .
I'm see where that button is defined in the configuration screen in Joomla part of joomdle.
I'd like to request that "Enroll into Course" become an added option in that dropdown list so I can stop getting support tickets for typos.
Thanks

PS. I searched the board for "Enrol into Course" to see if there were results related to my question. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago
Antonio Durán
More
Add "Enroll into Course" as possible action button text #2
Hi.

The fastest way for you to change this would be to edit the Joomdle language file, and make the change there.

If we are to allow enrol/enroll, we would need to do it differently, maybe with a config option to decide between them, so in all instances where Joomdle uses the word "enrol", it would show "enroll" instead.

I will think about it for a future release, thanks for the suggestion.

5 years 1 month ago
DunamisPRMI
More
Topic Author
Add "Enroll into Course" as possible action button text #3
And where would I find said file?

In my Moodle courses are forced to English-US, is there a way to pull that setting so that language matches? I'm not a programmer, only brainstorming ideas that I have no idea on how to actually do anything with it :)

Thanks of all your work.

5 years 1 month ago
Antonio Durán
More
Add "Enroll into Course" as possible action button text #4
File is: language/en-GB/en-GB.com_joomdle.ini
Just search for this and change it:
COM_JOOMDLE_ENROL_INTO_COURSE="Enrol into course"

> In my Moodle courses are forced to English-US, is there a way to pull that setting so that language matches?

Not really, as this a Joomdle issue. But I agree that it is a problem that should be solved, so I will look into it for a "proper" fix.

5 years 1 month ago 5 years 1 month ago by DunamisPRMI.
DunamisPRMI
More
Topic Author
Add "Enroll into Course" as possible action button text #5
Thanks. . .

I also discovered I could install an English_US language for joomla (didn't know that either).

I hardcoded as you suggested, and the English US folks can stop filing typo tickets with me :) Thanks.