× Feature Requests

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

G-mail auth in joomdle

4 years 11 months ago
saman سامان
More
Topic Author
G-mail auth in joomdle #1
hi
In the new release of moodle mobile app , the new feature is that you can auth to the app without make a account in moodle and you can use the gmail auth in the moodle. i want how we can same feature in joomdle and is that work need any extension? what is the way to use this method in joomdle?
thank's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
G-mail auth in joomdle #2
I haven't seen this, can you share a link please?

I think most likely it won't work with Joomdle.
Instead, you would use a Google auth plugin in Joomla, and then Moodle would use that through Joomdle (I have not tested this, but it should be possible)

4 years 10 months ago 4 years 10 months ago by saman سامان.
saman سامان
More
Topic Author
G-mail auth in joomdle #3
hi.
i lunch my app and i want use this option.
but maybe need install any joomla plugin for this but i'm worry about maping profile field in joomdle and moodle.

you can see the main page:
docs.moodle.org/33/en/New_for_mobile k

moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=317889 k

and i find this page too...
docs.moodle.org/33/en/Moodle_Mobile_additional_features k

Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago 4 years 10 months ago by Antonio Durán.
Antonio Durán
More
G-mail auth in joomdle #4
As expected, this cannot work with Joomdle, as what this does is to provide a new auth method for Google/etc. As Joomdle itself is an auth method, they cannot work together in Moodle, meaning a user cannot have 2 auth methods, only one.

In Joomla, Joomdle does not care about how you authenticate. This means you could have a user authenticating with Gmail, but still be a Joomdle user synced to Moodle.
So, your users would login to Joomla via Gmail, and Joomdle SSO would make them logged in Moodle.
Unfortunately, this would not help for logging to Moodle directly, or to login to Moodle app :(

4 years 10 months ago
saman سامان
More
Topic Author
G-mail auth in joomdle #5
it's not good news.
have you any solution?
is it possible to when the user login with google oath2 to moodel mobile then create automatically that account in joomla?
like cron job every each time run and sync users in two system...

4 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
G-mail auth in joomdle #6
Right now there is no solution I can think of.

> is it possible to when the user login with google oath2 to moodel mobile then create automatically that account in joomla?

In theory I guess user sync can be done, but it would need some custom coding.
More problematic would be the login/SSO stuff, as I don't know how you could get all this working together. For example, you would need to provide a way for users to log in with Gmail in Joomla too right?

4 years 10 months ago
saman سامان
More
Topic Author
G-mail auth in joomdle #7
i think the login/sso is not need between moodlemobile and joomla, becuse moodle mobile is a mobile application and joomla is a webpage and the user not need to redirect between.
the joomla page is a dashboard for user for use pc if he/she want to use more usability.
in now , the moodle mobile as they said cover 95% of moodle activity.
final way i suggest is that look at the moodle mobile way when in little case to redirect the moodle page and sso is work between moodle web page and moodle mobile. btw i think it's not important need for sso between joomla and moodle mobile app. it's enough for joomdle to something that when user use the google oath2 to register in moodle mobile , then create the account in the joomla side.

4 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
G-mail auth in joomdle #8
> i think the login/sso is not need between moodlemobile and joomla, becuse moodle mobile is a mobile application and joomla is a webpage and the user not need to redirect between.

That's right. But the same user can also use the website, where SSO would be needed.
You cannot have SSO working while using oath2 auth.

> . it's enough for joomdle to something that when user use the google oath2 to register in moodle mobile , then create the account in the joomla side.

No, it's not. This way you would have users in both Joomla and Moodle, but not connected at all.

The only way to go abou this in my mind would be to create a new auth method, that would be a mix between Joomdle and oath2.
This would not be a simple task by any means, assuming it is possible.
I am sorry, but at this point, I don't think we will work on it. Maybe if more users demand it or someone is willing to pay for development...