× Feature Requests

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

[Closed] Mentee Certificates

4 years 2 months ago 3 years 6 months ago by Antonio Durán.
Justin
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Mentee Certificates #1
Hi

I know there is a way to view mentees and there is a way to view "my Certificates", would it be possible to create a module or page that shows Mentee Certificates and lists all the certificates obtained by each mentee under their name.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] Mentee Certificates #2
Hi. Thanks for the suggesion.

We'll look into it to see if we can create a new module for this, and get back to you.

4 years 2 months ago
Justin
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Mentee Certificates #3
Thank you :)

Keep up the great work.

4 years 3 weeks ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] Mentee Certificates #4
Hi.

I've been working on this, and have a question. Do you know if there is a way in Moodle to let users get mentees certificates?
Because we can show the list of mentees and their certificates, but I don't think we can point to a Moodle URL so you can get the PDF of the certificate of one of the mentees.

3 years 8 months ago
Justin
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Mentee Certificates #5
HI Antonio

Thank you for adding the Mentee Certificate screen.
I am getting an error though when I try to use it.

XML-RPC Error (23000021): Access control exception | ERRORCODE: accessexception

3 years 8 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] Mentee Certificates #6
Hi Justin. Did you remember to upgrade Joomdle on Moodle too? It seems like function may be missing.

3 years 8 months ago
Justin
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Mentee Certificates #7
Hi

Yes I did, I installed both Moddle plugins and the Joomla plugin, currently, these are the plugin versions I have on the system.
Auth_Joomdle V1.2.1
Enrol_Joomdle V1.0.6
Joomla - Joomdle 1.2.1

3 years 8 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] Mentee Certificates #8
You can enable debugging in Moodle to try to get more info about the issue.

3 years 8 months ago
Justin
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Mentee Certificates #9
Hi Antonio

I did as suggested, the mentee certificate page now works, the problem was this besides installing the new plugins mentee certificate needed to be added to the web services.

Just one question though currently, it gives a list of all mentees linked to this mentor, this list seems to be in no specific order, on the list currently the first name on my list starts with an E, the 2nd with A, the 3rd, with M the 4th with A and so forth.
Would it be possible to add some way to sort the names or even better filter them alphabetically or by cohort, or date registered or something?

3 years 8 months ago 3 years 8 months ago by Antonio Durán.
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] Mentee Certificates #10
> the problem was this besides installing the new plugins mentee certificate needed to be added to the web services.

You mean that you had to manually add the new function to the service in Moodle? It is supposed to be automatic. I just tested upgrading a site, and the function was added right away.

As for ordering: you are right, no order is being set. You can order alphabetically by editing file: moodle/auth/joomdle/auth.php
Function: get_mentees
Change:
                                                AND   c.contextlevel = ".CONTEXT_USER , $params);
By:
                                                AND   c.contextlevel = ".CONTEXT_USER . ' ORDER by u.lastname, u.firstname', $params);

This change will be added in next release.

Adding filters would be more complicated.