× Feature Requests

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

Avoiding Wrapping

1 year 11 months ago 1 year 11 months ago by Adolfina Bory Palobo.
Adolfina Bory Palobo
More
Topic Author
Avoiding Wrapping #1
Hello,

I don't know what techniques Joomladle uses for wrapping Moodle (it seems iframe), but I wonder what the advantages and disadvantages are:

1. Security? Switching on Moodle webservices is flagged as a risk ( I forget where)
2. Screen real estate - frames and borders issues?
3. Responsive behaviour?
4. Speed?

In my first real test I have some issues with the Joomdle Courses module. See attached pictures - rendering of Geogebra and Mathjax fails.

I was wondering if Joomdle could have the feature of synchronising Categories and Courses and link from Joomla to Moodle? Users would be making use of Joomla for registration, profile, purchase, etc; but courses would be delivered by browsing the Moodle site directly. If those 4 issues listed above are real, then I would prefer using links in Joomla to courses in Moodle and not use wrapping. Some sort of course Category containing links to courses, automatically synchronized.

Actually you have a Wiki title "Linking to and Displaying Moodle Content in the Joomla frontend" but I found nothing about linking. Actually this whole section of the Wiki about Views is difficult due to the low resolution of images - are we looking at something from Joomdle or Moodle?

PS. Given most internet access is Android based there's also the question as to which looks/performs better for the learning part:

1. Moodle Android App accessing Moodle Website
2. Android web browser accessing Joomladle site, wrapoping Moodle
?

Best wishes
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Avoiding Wrapping #2
Joomdle can already show Moodle on its own: it's one of the possible configuration options.
In Joomdle config in Joomla, Links behaviour section, set "Open Moodle links in" as you wish.

> Actually this whole section of the Wiki about Views is difficult due to the low resolution of images - are we looking at something from Joomdle or Moodle?

Thanks for the tip. I will try to update them soon, as they are from previous Joomla versions.
These images show the diffent views available in Joomdle in Joomla.

You can also use the Moodle app for Joomdle users, as long as you use redirect-less SSO for logins in Moodle.
As for what's better: that's a personal preference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.