× How To / General

Problems with correct transfer of last name, first name and patronymic

3 weeks 5 days ago
Vadim K. Kopchenko
More
Topic Author
Problems with correct transfer of last name, first name and patronymic #1
Hello! I am using Joomdle 1.2.7 Core on my test environment, and i have a problem. In Russia, we are using 3 words in our name - name, surname and patronymic. But when i create a user in Joomla, it is automatically created in Moodle, but the "surname" field contains the surname name and the patronymic, but the name and surname must be indicated in the "name" field. What to do? Please help, this is very important! I can code it myself, just tell we what to change. Sorry for my bad english((

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 4 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Problems with correct transfer of last name, first name and patronymic #2
Hi.

That's always a problem, as it is different in each place. Also, it cannot work reliably, as user cannot enter full name.
The best way is to use a 3rd party extension and ask for fields separately, mapping each one to Moodle.

If there's only on name field, we put the first word in name and the rest in surname. If you want to change this, please look at file: administrator/components/com_joomdle/helpers/mappings.php, functions get_firstname and get_lastname

One note: if you are testing, you can use the new Joomla 2.0.0 beta package. Even if it is called beta, it is mostly the same as 1.3, but with J4 support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.