Cannot add functions in new installation

9 years 10 months ago
Jim Grusendorf
More
Topic Author
Cannot add functions in new installation #1
I have the same problem, and have followed all your instructions in this thread, including removing moodle/auth/joomdle, going to Notifications, reinstalling moodle/auth/joomdle, and going to Notifications again.

Before installing moodle/auth/joomdle, my Notifications shows a couple of inconsequential items (ensure data dir is not directly accessible, PHP errors enabled). Whenever I return to Notifications after installing moodle/auth/joomdle, I get a "Plugins check" page. Is that normal for Moodle? It doesn't seem right to me.

This is a fresh installation of Moodle 2.0.3+ (I would have installed 2.1+, but my web host only has PHP 5.2.17). I'm completely new to Moodle, so it's quite possible I've made a stupid mistake somewhere. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago
Chris
More
Cannot add functions in new installation #2
The plugin check is normal for Moodle 2+. You will need to click the OK /Confirm / Save Button - I cannot recall the button name.

9 years 10 months ago
Jim Grusendorf
More
Topic Author
Cannot add functions in new installation #3
...but the basic problem, as with the original poster, is that I have no Joomdle functions available to add to the service.

9 years 10 months ago
Chris
More
Cannot add functions in new installation #4
There is not much we need to do assuming all the preparation has been completed as per:
- www.joomdle.com/wiki/Preparing_Moodle_20 k

Then upload the auth_joomdle.zip file into the moodle/auth folder, unzip and install as per
- www.joomdle.com/wiki/Installing_Joomdle_in_Moodle_2 k

If you had error pages then it would be easier to help.

Some things you want to look at include:
- permissions of the folders and files
- correct directory structure
- does the joomdle plugin exist under user authentication?

9 years 10 months ago
Jim Grusendorf
More
Topic Author
Cannot add functions in new installation #5
I should have some time to work on this again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes and gather as much information as possible if it doesn't work.

9 years 10 months ago
Jim Grusendorf
More
Topic Author
Cannot add functions in new installation #6
I've followed the instructions again, meticulously, but still have the same problem. Directory structure looks good as far as I can tell, and permissions look good. The Joomdle auth plugin appears and is configured correctly. I just have no Joomdle functions in the list of functions to add to the service.

I wonder if you'd mind having a look yourself. I just don't know what else to do. I'll PM you all the access details if you want.

9 years 10 months ago
Jim Grusendorf
More
Topic Author
Cannot add functions in new installation #7
I just wanted to add that I don't want to appear too demanding. This is a great product that you're providing for free, and I'm especially impressed with the quality of the documentation. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Cannot add functions in new installation #8
This is very odd.
If auth plugin is installed and enabled, I cna't understand how functions are not available.

You can send the info to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will take a look when I have some time.

9 years 10 months ago
Jim Grusendorf
More
Topic Author
Cannot add functions in new installation #9
Thanks! Email is on its way.