Strange Bug: No Course Information Displays

12 years 8 months ago 12 years 8 months ago by Fluffy.
Fluffy
More
Topic Author
Strange Bug: No Course Information Displays #1
Hello,

I have successfully installed Joomla 1.5, Moodle 2.0, and Joomdle.

However, my users can't access any course information (even those registered in Joomla/Moodle/Joomdle successfully).

Here are some examples of the bug:

1) When my users click on "My Courses" it goes to a blank white window.

2) When my users click on one of the course categories, "Course Events," or "Course Updates" it accurately shows a list of the courses, events, and updates, but when they click on these courses (the "Go to Course" button), events, or updates it momentarily displays a white Moodle page in what looks like a tiny iframe, which then immediately disappears, displaying none of the information. Strange.

3) When my users click on "Course Topics" they get the following error:

"XML-RPC Error (0): Error in response - Missing following required key in a single structure: remoteid"

The end result is that, while the courses and description of the courses are displayed accurately, no other data can be accessed. Any ideas on what might be happening?

Joomla Site: missmoeller.com k
Moodle Site: missmoeller.com/school k

Thank you so much for any the help you can offer me.

[Chris: I manually added the Joomla account that you made on my site to Moodle, so you should be able to see the user menu on the left-hand side, and can now test all these features. Thank you so much again!]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago
Fluffy
More
Topic Author
Strange Bug: No Course Information Displays #2
I figured out what was causing most the trouble. I had "Autoheight in wrapper" turned On in my Admin area > Components > Joomdle > Configuration > Links Behavior. When I turned this off, my iframes stopped vanishing.

I haven't figured out what's causing the bug with the "My Courses" and "Course Topics" links, so I just decided to remove them, since they're not vital anyway. :)

Thank you!

12 years 8 months ago
Chris
More
Strange Bug: No Course Information Displays #3
For the last two. Does the particular course have topics? Are the available to the public or the logged in user? Similar concept for My Courses.

While not nice, some of the XML-RPC errors appear because there is no content or the content is not accessible. Such errors will be changed over time to provide better reporting of the problem.