[Closed] Enroll Into Course Button does not show

9 years 10 months ago 9 years 10 months ago by Chris.
David Parker
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Enroll Into Course Button does not show #1
Joomla 1.5
moodle 2.0
Joomdle 0.53
No errors in system check

Hi Antonio,

The button "Enroll Into Course" is not showing after selecting a course. I have tripled checked the setting in Joomdle and it is set to "on".

Thanks for your help. David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] Enroll Into Course Button does not show #2
I guess you did not enable the self enrol method in joomdle for that course, so users cannot enrol by themselves.

9 years 10 months ago 9 years 10 months ago by David Parker.
David Parker
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Enroll Into Course Button does not show #3
Thanks Antonio, Where is the "self enrol method"? I've consulted the Joomdle WIKI and can't find any information on it.

Why enable for a single course if I have the global setting in Joomdle >Control Panel> Configuration> Detail View> Show Enrol Button = on.

Man, I've been wrestling with this installation now for weeks. I can do a fresh install of Joomla,Moodle,Joomdle in less than 30 minutes. No errors. I've read the Joomdle WIKI, practically know it by heart.

Considering the installation is correct (as all checks are green), how do I set the system up so a user can login, enroll in a course, and have the course display under My Courses ?

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] Enroll Into Course Button does not show #4
From here:
www.joomdle.com/wiki/Installing_Joomdle_in_Joomla k
--
Note also that the 'Enrol button' may not appear, even if configured to do so, as it checks Moodle to see if self-enrolment is available at the moment. If you don't see it, please re-check your moodle course enrol settings.
--

So, this is a moodle setting. Maybe you can put the self enrol method on by default when creating a course, but that would be a moodle side config, so people at moodle forums should know better.

9 years 10 months ago
David Parker
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Enroll Into Course Button does not show #5
Thanks Antonio, I checked with Moodle and self enrollment is described there.

9 years 10 months ago
Chris
More
[Closed] Enroll Into Course Button does not show #6
Yes. Do note that Moodle allows you to define the enrollment approach for each course giving you the flexibility.

Joomdle on the hand leverages your Moodle preferences ensuring the accuracy and consistency of the course creator.