[Solved] Auto create Moodle users stopped working

9 years 10 months ago 9 years 10 months ago by Chris.
Ron Wells
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Auto create Moodle users stopped working #1
Antonio / Chris - our "auto create Moodle users" has stopped working. For the past few months, the auto create had stopped working. As a workaround, we were using the backend tool in Joomle to manually create via "Add Users to Moodle" in the Users Joomdle area. Now that has stopped working too.

Here is our current platform setup:

Joomdle 0.54
Joomla 1.5.23
JomSocial 2.0.5 (also tried updating JS to 2.2.3 with same problem)
JXPT 3.0.479 (also tried updating JXPT to 3.2.692)

Joomdle System Check - all green
Tried with both file_get_contents and cURL
User Profile Types set to XIPT
Additional data source JomSocial
Student, Teacher, Parent profile types set to create on Moodle in Joomdle Profile Types Tab.

This one is confusing as it all worked before but then stopped. We will be happy to share access to our development site for you to look at if needed.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can give me,
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] Auto create Moodle users stopped working #2
Hi Ron.

This seems like an issue with JSPT.

To confirm it, try setting profile types to "none" in joomdle configuration, and then create a test a account to see if it gets created in moodle.

It is been a while since i have used jspt, so maybe latest versions made any change that needs joomdle needs to adapt to.

9 years 10 months ago
Ron Wells
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Auto create Moodle users stopped working #3
Just set profile types to "none", created a new user, etc. Still having same issues. Auto create didn't work and I can not set that user manually to be a Moodle user as well. What do you think could be causing this?

9 years 10 months ago 9 years 10 months ago by Ron Wells.
Ron Wells
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Auto create Moodle users stopped working #4
Starting to see what may be happening in Moodle and Joomla.

Antonio - you were correct in your email. Somehow Moodle is failing when adding new users.

I found these errors:

In the Moodle/User folder.

PHP Notice: Duplicate entry '' for key 'PRIMARY'<br /><br />INSERT INTO mdl_user ( AUTH, CONFIRMED, MNETHOSTID, USERNAME, PASSWORD, IDNUMBER, FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, EMAIL, EMAILSTOP, ICQ, SKYPE, YAHOO, AIM, MSN, PHONE1, PHONE2, INSTITUTION, DEPARTMENT, ADDRESS, CITY, COUNTRY, LANG, URL, DESCRIPTION, MAILFORMAT, MAILDIGEST, MAILDISPLAY, HTMLEDITOR, AJAX, AUTOSU

When looking at the database, the last entry is showing NULL for most fields (including primary key) except for username. Any additional entry to this table is failing.

Getting this error in the public_html and xmlrpc folder of Joomla:

XML-RPC: xmlrpc_server::parseRequest: invalid charset encoding of received request: UTF8

I checked - no users have invalid characters, etc. Not sure why this would be happening.

In folder Moodle / Auth / Joomdle I get repeating errors:

[02-Aug-2011 18:44:01] PHP Warning: Unknown: The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in Unknown on line 0
[02-Aug-2011 18:44:01] PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/brighto1/moodledata/sessions) in Unknown on line 0

In Moodle / Login error is:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: newpassword1 in /home/brighto1/public_html/moodle/auth/joomdle/auth.php on line 2827

Any thoughts on the above? I will keep digging.

Thanks,
Ron

9 years 10 months ago
Chris
More
[Solved] Auto create Moodle users stopped working #5
Personally, I would think back to when you first notice that it stopped working. What changed around that time? Upgrade of Joomla, Joomdle or Moodle? Change to templates or modules? Used new features of one of the applications? New courses being used? Etc. This will help narrow down where the problem is.

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] Auto create Moodle users stopped working #6
You told me that you cannot add users from Moodle admin either, so it is clear it is not a Joomdle issue.

I would try adding a user in moodle, getting the errors, and asking on the moodle forums, as this may have happened to someone else before.

9 years 10 months ago 9 years 10 months ago by Ron Wells.
Ron Wells
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Auto create Moodle users stopped working #7
Figured out the issue. I was using Fabrik to pull info into a report / form. Didn't catch it until today but noticed that Fabrik had restructured the mdl_user table so that all fields were VARCHAR(255) - even the ID field. Since the ID field was set wrong, Auto Increment was set off and all fields were set to NULL when the next user was registered. Once I restored the correct database table settings and deleted the bad entries, the ability to "Add Users to Moodle" started working again. In short, my error.

Considered Solved.

Thanks,
Ron

9 years 10 months ago
Chris
More
[Solved] Auto create Moodle users stopped working #8
Thanks Ron for sharing the problem. Something we all should watch out for.