Help needed with errors in error_log

9 years 10 months ago 9 years 10 months ago by Philip Zeigler.
Philip Zeigler
Posts: 2
More
Topic Author
Help needed with errors in error_log #1
I have serveral errors occurring in my error_log since installing Joomdle 0.54. I am primarily using SSO and a few modules that do seem to work okay. I do have a user trying to use mPage app on their iPhone to log into the moodle site and they get a site not available error.

The message I see frequently is:

[error] [client 127.0.0.1] XML-RPC: xmlrpc_server::parseRequest: invalid charset encoding of received request: UTF8

Not sure if that is because the xmlrpc.php routine in Joomla is looking for the string UTF-8 and not UTF8

I also see this message somewhat frequently and I think might be related to the login attempt with the mPage app:

[error] [client 72.xx.xx.xx] PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /var/www/html/components/com_joomdle/controller.php on line 149, referer: www.mysite.org/moodle/login/index.php k

I am using Joomla 1.5.23 and Moodle 1.9.9. My php version is 5.2.10.

Philip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
Posts: 7285
More
Help needed with errors in error_log #2
Hi Philip.

Thanks for the bug report.

I looked into it and here is what I got:
- First error is caused, as you say, for using UTF8 instead of UTF-8.
If you want to try, you can make the change yourself.
In moodle/auth/joomdle/auth.php, call_method_* functions.
Change:
$options = array ('encoding' => 'utf8');
By:
$options = array ('encoding' => 'UTF-8');


As for the second error: you can remove the "&" from the "&message" parameter in function call.

Please comment your results if you test the changes.

Antonio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago
Philip Zeigler
Posts: 2
More
Topic Author
Help needed with errors in error_log #3
I replaced all instances of ('encoding' => 'utf8') with ('encoding' => 'UTF-8') in the auth.php file and that has stopped the error showing in the error_log file. SSO and modules I was using are still working so I would say that this is fixed.

I am not getting the second error either after removing the & from &$message but it did not solve my problem with mPage. I guess I will need to see if their forums are as friendly and helpful as yours are!

Thank you,

Philip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
Posts: 7285
More
Help needed with errors in error_log #4
Thanks for reporting back.

I only changed utf8 by UTF-8 on the xmlrpc_encode_request call.

Down the functions, there is another line:
$data = xmlrpc_decode($response, 'utf8');

I dont't think that line should be changed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.