[Solved] Source IP not allowed (Joomla 1.5, Moodle 1.9)

9 years 10 months ago 9 years 10 months ago by Antonio Durán.
smanyamivb
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Source IP not allowed (Joomla 1.5, Moodle 1.9) #1
Hi There,

I am trying to integrate Joomla 1.5 with Moodle 1.9 with Joomdle 0.54. I followed the steps in documentation.

At first I got the error "You need to add your site IP to Moodle XML-RPC trusted hosts" for resolved the issue I followed the steps in forum post

www.joomdle.com/en/forum/r05-support/562...ml-rpc-trusted-hosts k

I put 0.0.0.0/0 to resolve the issue. After that I got the error "Source IP not allowed".

I copied the IP address which is followed by the error (Source IP not allowed : 192.68.1.1) and update with IP Address in "Xmlrpc - Joomdle" plugin. After that also I got the same error. Finally I found that IP address is dynamic, it is changing every time when i check the system check.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] Source IP not allowed (Joomla 1.5, Moodle 1.9) #2
Wow! I never saw that.

I am sorry, but I don't know how you can fix this (in a good way).

You could contact your hosting provider, to see if they can hange that.

Altearnatively, you could permit traffic for all the subnet (205.178.145.*) in Moodle.
You would need also to make custom changes to Joomdle in Joomla, so that it does not check for the full ip, but only the range.

9 years 10 months ago
smanyamivb
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Source IP not allowed (Joomla 1.5, Moodle 1.9) #3
Hi Antonio,

Thank you for you quick reply, I mentioned subnet ip address in Moodle like 205.178.145.* But in Joomdle following error is shown when I checked the system check tab.

"You need to add your site IP to Moodle XML-RPC trusted hosts list"

As per your suggestion I have place a complaint to our service provider. I am waiting to here from them.

Thanks
Subrahmanyam

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] Source IP not allowed (Joomla 1.5, Moodle 1.9) #4
Hi.

In moodle, that is not the format.
I think it should be:
205.178.145.0/24

9 years 10 months ago
smanyamivb
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Source IP not allowed (Joomla 1.5, Moodle 1.9) #5
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have implemented given instructions. I am still facing "Source IP not allowed" error. I am yet to receive an email from the service provider.

Thank you

9 years 10 months ago
Chris
More
[Solved] Source IP not allowed (Joomla 1.5, Moodle 1.9) #6
Out of curiosity, is your web server hosting at the ISP or is the server hosting somewhere else and connected to the network through your ISP?

Normally we see dynamic IP address when we subscribe to internet connections or when we use some form of proxy server.

That said, I see that there was 134 domains list for .75 and only 9 for .64. Perhaps the web host moved your domain due to over crowding.

9 years 10 months ago
smanyamivb
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Source IP not allowed (Joomla 1.5, Moodle 1.9) #7
Hi Chris

Thanks all for replying, we are using a shared hosting with Networksolutions under private registration. I contacted Networksolutions regarding this issue and they responded me by providing me with IP address which they are using for our site.

I used the IP address and am able to resolve the issue.

Thank you
Subrahmanyam