Moodle to Joomla HTTP connectivity

6 years 1 month ago
Frank Chuks
More
Topic Author
Moodle to Joomla HTTP connectivity #1
Hi,

If you have joomla and moodle on the same domian and you have installed joomdle in a folder say : www.mysite.com/moodle/ k and your joomla site is on www.mysite.com k

Please make sure that in joomdle component in joomla, enter the moodle server address without the www. that is : mysite.com/moodle k

it worked for me. Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago
Chris
More
Moodle to Joomla HTTP connectivity #2
Hi Frank,

While this issue was raised more than 1 year ago and on a very old version of Joomdle, I thought I would clarify that by removing the www if your moodle site is on www will cause problems. If that worked for you, it maybe because you have redirection setup somewhere which allows Joomla to find moodle. In general if your moodle is the subdomain www you will need to enter the www. If your moodle is not on the www subdomain you should not enter the www.

6 years 1 month ago
Frank Chuks
More
Topic Author
Moodle to Joomla HTTP connectivity #3
Hi Chris,

I am using go daddy deluxe hosting on linux. Its my first time of using godaddy hosting cos i am used to hostgator and i don't have any of these issues with joomdle and moodle on hostgator. On godaddy It worked when i removed the www but i really don't know if the host set redirection anywhere.

I also cannot display moodle in with joomdle wrapper, so i have to open external links in a new window for now.

Any help from you will do me some good. Thanks you very much :)

6 years 3 weeks ago
Chris
More
Moodle to Joomla HTTP connectivity #4
Hi there,

Sorry we seemed to have missed your response. If you cannot display moodle in a wrapper, this would suggest that things are not all OK. Do you have all green check in the system health check?

Are you still configured as www and non www. This really should not be the case unless you specifically want them on different technical domains.