[Solved] Joomdle 0.95 Shop-Sell two products for same course

6 years 1 week ago 6 years 5 days ago by Antonio Durán.
3by400, Inc.
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Joomdle 0.95 Shop-Sell two products for same course #1
Is there a way to sell two products in the shop for the same course, for instance if you want to offer two prices? I tried selecting "New bundle" and creating a bundle. A product was auto-generated in my store for the bundle but when I tested a purchase and set the order to 'confirmed' I received an XML-RPC error regarding a missing joomdle_multiple_enrol method.

I've also tried creating characteristics for the course product in hikashop so that I could offer two prices for the course, but doing so 'broke' the Joomdle connection. When I tested the purchase I was not enrolled in the course.
The topic has been locked.
6 years 1 week ago
Chris
More
[Solved] Joomdle 0.95 Shop-Sell two products for same course #2
Thanks for your interest in Joomdle. If you are gettign XML-RPC errors, it is likely you have a problem with your installation.

As for your other questions, we only provide support for commerce related plugins to active subscribers.
6 years 1 week ago 6 years 1 week ago by 3by400, Inc..
3by400, Inc.
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Joomdle 0.95 Shop-Sell two products for same course #3
I browsed the downloads prior to posting to the forum, but I only see membership plan options for Joomla 3 versions. I do not see any listings for Joomdle 0.95 / Hikashop integration extensions.

We originally setup the site in question several years ago, but the client is now requesting a modification to the course products.
6 years 1 week ago 6 years 1 week ago by Chris.
Chris
More
[Solved] Joomdle 0.95 Shop-Sell two products for same course #4
J2.5 has reached its end of life and we only develop for J3 now. We will continue to support J0.95 for a short period of time while the majority of customers are on J2.5. In terms of compatibility, most J3 extensions work in J2.5 as does Joomdle but we will not test with J2.5 anymore. As such Joomdle R1.0 has not been tested on J2.5.

Regardsless of J2.5 v J3, end of life or not, etc. we only provide support for the 3rd party plugins to active subscribers / members. The membership plans are a just a token payment of $65 for 6 months or $90 for 1 year for support and updates. This cost pales in comparison to what developers make by using the extensions and plugins or the benefit received by end customers. Note: This means that we will continue to support R0.95 plugins such as hikashop plugins for active subscribers / members.

Thanks for your understanding.
6 years 1 week ago
3by400, Inc.
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Joomdle 0.95 Shop-Sell two products for same course #5
Hi Chris -

Thank you for the response. Yes, we are aware of the status of Joomla 2.5 and we will be upgrading this client in the next several months. For the time being, however, they will still be using 2.5.

We are also aware of the benefits of paid support and appreciate those efforts. We have paid extensions ourselves that we developed and support. We were not aware that your membership plans / subscriptions were valid for Joomdle 0.95, but now that we know we'll be happy to purchase a subscription!
6 years 1 week ago
3by400, Inc.
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Joomdle 0.95 Shop-Sell two products for same course #6
Hi Chris -

We've purchased support. Can you assist us with our original questions now, please? Thanks!
6 years 1 week ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] Joomdle 0.95 Shop-Sell two products for same course #7
> A product was auto-generated in my store for the bundle but when I tested a purchase and set the order to 'confirmed' I received an XML-RPC error regarding a missing joomdle_multiple_enrol method.

This means you have not added all functions to service in Moodle. That, or you are running an older version of Joomdle in Moodle, which does not have this missing metthod.
6 years 6 days ago
3by400, Inc.
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Joomdle 0.95 Shop-Sell two products for same course #8
Hi Antonio -

How can I determine which version of Joomdle I have installed in Moodle? Also, if I'm missing a function in Moodle do you still have the .95 versions available for download?
6 years 6 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] Joomdle 0.95 Shop-Sell two products for same course #9
You can check version in Joomdle configuration page in Moodle.
Also, checking the version.php file in moodle/auth/joomdle

As for missing functions: it's not that they are missing from disk, it is just that you did not add them to the service.
You need to go to Plugins->Web Services->External services and click on Functions in Joomdle service. There, at the botton, use "Add functions" link. In form, search for "joomdle" to find functions present in disk, but not yet added to Joomdle service. There you should see joomdle_multiple_enrol method.
6 years 6 days ago
3by400, Inc.
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Joomdle 0.95 Shop-Sell two products for same course #10
Thank you! That fixed it. I added the joomdle_multiple_enrol function within Moodle and now the bundle is working successfully.