Selling course as HikaShop product option

6 years 6 days ago
3by400, Inc.
More
Topic Author
Selling course as HikaShop product option #1
My client would like to offer the course product as an option when buying another product. I created a new bundle and setup the options. So, when buying product A you are asked if you would like to also add the course product. That works.

However, when I created and confirmed an order I received the following error -
XML-RPC Error (0): Error in response - Missing following required key in a single structure: remoteid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Selling course as HikaShop product option #2
Hi.

I did a test locally and it worked fine for me. In your case, is the first product a course too?
In my test I set up a non-course product and as option I added a course product. Made purchase, confirmed order, and I was enroled to course.

If you prefer, you can send admin credentials to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I can take a look.

6 years 4 days ago
3by400, Inc.
More
Topic Author
Selling course as HikaShop product option #3
Hi Antonio -

No, the first product is not a course.

Question: Would changing the course option product to a different category break the Joomdle connection? For instance, I needed the option product to be in a different category from the course category designated in Joomdle config, so that the option product is not visible as a standalone product in the frontend store. So, I created the bundle, the HikaShop product was auto-created and then I manually changed the product's HikaShop category.

6 years 4 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Selling course as HikaShop product option #4
> No, the first product is not a course.
Ok, that is how I tested locally.

> Question: Would changing the course option product to a different category break the Joomdle connection?
Yes. but there is a way to get what you want: products can be in multiple categories.

What we recommend is using the category defined in Joomdle just for having all course products, and leaving it unpublished. Then, adding products manually to the real categories where you want to show them in frontend (but keeping them also in original category).
This way you can have what you want, just not putting the option course in the published category.