Joomdle Sync user ERROR 'maildisplay' cannot be null

5 years 11 months ago 5 years 11 months ago by Adrian H.
Adrian H
More
Topic Author
Joomdle Sync user ERROR 'maildisplay' cannot be null #1
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to the latest version of moodle (2.8) from version 2.6.5. I am now not able to sync users from the Joomdle component in Joomla to Moodle, this was working perfectly before the upgrade.

The forum is blocking me from pasting the error message I receive directly into the topic so I have attached it into a text document.

The error suggests that Joomdle is attempting to insert a value of NULL into column maildisplay in the mdl_user table but the DB does not accept a NULL value on this column.

All previously synced users in mdl_user have the maildisplay value set as '2' so I am not sure why Joomdle is now trying to insert nothing into that column, can you advise?

I am using Joomdle 0.95 and Joomla 3.3.6 - Is this version of Joomdle compatible with Moodle 2.8?
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago 5 years 11 months ago by Chris.
Chris
More
Joomdle Sync user ERROR 'maildisplay' cannot be null #2
Hi there,

I have not seen that specific error message thus far - perhaps Antonio has but he is away at the moment. As for your specific question, we have not tested Joomdle 0.95 with Moodle 2.8 as we stopped development and testing of 0.95 and most people have migrated to Joomdle 1. I can change my test environment to Joomdle 0.95 to match my Moodle 2.8 and give a test but this will only happen over the weekend.

Regards

Note / Update: If you search the forum, you will notice there are other people using Joomdle 0.95 and Moodle 2.8 successfully even though I have not test that combination.

5 years 11 months ago 5 years 11 months ago by Adrian H.
Adrian H
More
Topic Author
Joomdle Sync user ERROR 'maildisplay' cannot be null #3
No Problem.

I have decided to roll back to Moodle 2.6.5 for now.

5 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Joomdle Sync user ERROR 'maildisplay' cannot be null #4
When do you get the error? Syncing users in Joomdle backend, creating a new user..? Any additional data source configured?
We don't set maildisplay anywhere in Joomdle, so I don't know where the problem is coming from.
Also, I don't think we have done any changes on this since R0.95, and I have tested with Joomdle 1.0.1 and latest Moodle, and it is working fine for me.